Merriman!

billybrew1

Shawn Merriman's value to the Buffalo Bills this year cannot be overstated. With a healthy Merriman the sky is the limit for our D this year. He is, without a doubt, one of the top 5 defensive players overall in the NFL if he is healthy. With him, our other top players Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams become that much more effective because running backs will choose to chip Merriman instead of watching the interior at times and Merriman will force QBs to step-up into Dareus/Williams country. In return, Marcel and Kyle will make Merriman's job that much easier. Something happens to a defense when you become excellent in two areas; you get more than twice as good; you can become great.

Our defense needs a leader, someone to show them how it is done. Someone who will demand accountability on the field ala Ray Lewis. Only Merriman can command that much respect from other NFL players. Merriam will get our D to believe it can play with and beat anyone. Merriman will get everybody on the D throwing their body around and working hard as they can to be not a good defense, but a great one.

I will go on to say that with a healthy Merriman, our young offense would improve as well. In the NFL, if you make a mistake, there is a good chance that it is going to snowball. With a stout defense, our young receivers and backs will get more second chances to gain that all-important confidence that you need to succeed in the big league. Our quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bonafide starter for the first time entering a season in his NFL career. He too could benefit from having more chances to establish himself. I have seen a lot of players over the years that I think would have succeeded had they more opportunity. I cannot stress this enough.

You never know what twist and turns a NFL team will encounter throughout a full season. Football prognosticators are horribly mistaken each and every year about several teams. There are great things and not so good things that happen every year that were unforeseen by everybody. Shawn Merriman is a force of nature; he hedges our chances greatly that good things are going to happen to us. I hope he can get back to 100% and lead us into the playoffs.

- Go Bills!

sounds like merriman gave you the pre game speech for the ages. If he stays healthy im with you 100%. could be a nasty front 7. i think one of the biggest beneficiaries of a healthy merriman and kyle williams and dareus will be dwan edwards... seriously tho. im not expecting him to be a pro bowler but he will look much more improved.

sounds like merriman gave you the pre game speech for the ages. If he stays healthy im with you 100%. could be a nasty front 7. i think one of the biggest beneficiaries of a healthy merriman and kyle williams and dareus will be dwan edwards... seriously tho. im not expecting him to be a pro bowler but he will look much more improved.

I see what your saying about Edwards, and I think a lot of players on our D are good enough to take advantage of the havoc the big 3 can provide. what about Byrd?

Gobills!

not sure they wanna let byrd sit back and ball hawk. by the looks of last year to me they masked who was playing where between DW and byrd.making byrd come up to the line quite a bit. hopefully they let him sit back and hawk but i dont see them doing that. either way hopefully byrd gets another 9 int season. would be awesome