Lenny P The Morning After

Rico

Lenny P

I'm thrilled that we're winning, but I still want Drew gone next year. :)

168903[/snapback]

Rico,

You're to be commended for your consistency. Albeit based on a stubborn desire to be right even at the helm of the Titanic.

31 other teams are guaranteed not to have Bledsoe as their QB next year, I'm afraid for you to be satisfied you will have to root for one of them.

Rico,

You're to be commended for your consistency.  Albeit based on a stubborn desire to be right even at the helm of the Titanic.

31 other teams are guaranteed not to have Bledsoe as their QB next year, I'm afraid for you to be satisfied you will have to root for one of them.

169260[/snapback]

No desire to be right or wrong, I just don't like Drew.

I will continue to cheer for the Bills to win regardless of who is playing QB :) ,

unlike you, who will bail on this team the minute JP takes over. :unsure:

No desire to be right or wrong, I just don't like Drew.

I will continue to cheer for the Bills to win regardless of who is playing QB :)  ,

unlike you, who will bail on this team the minute JP takes over. :unsure:

169272[/snapback]

You must be a little conflicted during this streak. Wanting the Bills to win while wanting Bledsoe to fail.

You want to see what happens if they pull Bledsoe now? 

Exhibit A:  New York Giants.  How are they doing since they switched from Warner?

169177[/snapback]

Probabilities suggest that the Giants and the Bills will miss the playoffs again this year. Eli Manning is getting his feet wet and the experience is already paying off. He looked much better against the Steelers last game! By next season, Manning will be much improved due to his exposure to live action for about 8+ games.

JP Losman will basically be a rookie again next year. Bledsoe will be muddling along at his mediocre best for another year. Sure Bledsoe was a better band-aid in the short term, but what did it actually achieve? It is likely the Bills will miss the playoffs. Granted, the Bills are in playoff contention, but all the 30 somethings on the team are another year older.

Maybe the Giants will be worse than the Bills for the next couple weeks, but who will be better off over the next couple of years? Manning or Losman? I think too many people are satisfied with "average" when average gets you nowhere.

Obviously, Losman is not ready yet, but Bledsoe should been seen as nothing more than temporary.

Interesting to me that people seem to bash on Bledsoe pretty quick, but as I watched Kitna (who some of us probably would take over Bledsoe next year as a 1st or 2nd stinger) I realized this guys is playing horrible. Then I thought back to our last run of games (Hasselback, Bulger, Feely, Carter) I realized that Bledsoe is playing games to win and not to rack up great stats. His sacks are down, he's moving more, getting rid of the ball quickly in most cases - all things that the above mentioned are not doing against us. Yes, his accuracy is off at times and he can't seem to avoid int's on the road sometimes.

But if it ain't broke, don't fix it...and right now it ain't broke!

6 Million is a lot for an average QB.

He is the best shot to win, but he is playing average.

Maybe a free agent next year? With JP ready to play in '06

168919[/snapback]

Makes no sense, why would you bring in a free agent to learn a new offense when JP is well into the learning process. Not going to happen, Bledsoe will be here, whether he beats Losman out in camp is TBD.

There must be a reason why JP is 3rd string QB still. I can think of only 2 scenarios.

1) If Drew were to go down Shane Mathews has NFL experience and could possibly fill in for Drew during that game and maybe pull off a W.

2) JP isn't doing his HW. One thing that bothers me the most is whenever Drew Bledsoe walks off the field he is met by both Shane Mathews and Mike Mularkey. I rarely see JP in that group of people. If Mularkey is speaking with Drew you would think that JP would be standing right next to them listening to every word.

Scenario 2 for me could be wrong because i haven't been to a game in the stadium. I am subject to whatever camera angle CBS/FOX/ESPN give me.