IUD question

DDD

IUD's are quite small and inserted in the uterus. i.e. 'higher' than where you would typically note the string. If the strings are gone, you shouldn't feel anything. In nearly 2 decades of medicine I've never heard this complaint. Doesn't make it impossible but certainly not common. My first question is about the device. Was the device placed properly? Has it migrated from where it should be? She might need to have that evaluated.

I'm impressed we have a doctor in the house. After the strings were cut, the foreign body sensation did improve but I feel the equivalent of a 1cm protrusion about the thickness of a nail. It doesn't hurt and has a dull sensation, I just know it's there. The GYN said the placement was fine but I guess it should be looked at again. I have zero knowledge about was is normal with the IUD. And get this, blue cross wouldn't pay for the IUD but would cover a much more costly tubal ligation. My wife didn't want surgery so we paid out of pocket for the IUD.

From what I've experienced with women with IUD (like Jauronimo, small sample size), you don't feel the IUD, but the string. I think it's possible for the IUD and string to move down a bit (the strings were just trimmed, right?).

This doesn't feel like strings. It is plastic like. I'll crap my pants if the lady gets pregnant again.