Ruh Roh Reorge! CERN, those religious zealots, are at it again&#33

What, exactly, is not right about it?

Did the left not clearly begin politicizing this issue? Nope, they did. The first time I heard this become a political issue was in 1990.

Did the right not finally, after getting sick of getting beat up by this issue, not react? Nope, they did.

I'm not saying that the right didn't politicize it, I am saying they didn't start it. I am saying that they, because of the severe mishandling of the issue by the left, will likely be the ones that finish it. That may or may not be a good thing, but that has no bearing on the likelihood that it will happen.

You may not like that your friends on the left are about to get a beating for their bad behavior, just like they did for politicizing gay marriage, but your wishes mean nothing. Obama will lose. The winner will declare open season on the EPA. The EPA deserves this because the EPA has started their own schit, overstepped their bounds, and will have to pay the piper. Nobody will care to listen to the mewling. We have already heard the mewling since 2004. We were already tired of it, and now we are finding out it's probably BS.

You may wish this wasn't right. Doesn't Change the fact that It is. You may Hope that it isn't. But, there will be Change. Just not the Change you want.

The fact that you're making it about "us vs. them" and that you feel the need to bring gay marriage into the conversation (WTF?) says that you don't really care about the scientific research. The fact that you don't care about or even vaguely try to understand the research that YOU are citing, but still feel the need to make somebody "pay" says that you are nothing more than a cheerleader on this issue. The fact that you're acting like a cheerleader makes you just like every other fool with a global warming agenda. When you act so intellectually dishonest, you're opinion is worthless. At that point, if anyone wants to find out what you think, they could just DVR Fox and Friends. What's the point?

Cosmic Rays Warm!!! Proof!!! :rolleyes:

The fact that you're making it about "us vs. them" and that you feel the need to bring gay marriage into the conversation (WTF?) says that you don't really care about the scientific research. The fact that you don't care about or even vaguely try to understand the research that YOU are citing, but still feel the need to make somebody "pay" says that you are nothing more than a cheerleader on this issue. The fact that you're acting like a cheerleader makes you just like every other fool with a global warming agenda. When you act so intellectually dishonest, you're opinion is worthless. At that point, if anyone wants to find out what you think, they could just DVR Fox and Friends. What's the point?

Cosmic Rays Warm!!! Proof!!! :rolleyes:

You are woefully misunderstanding me.

First of all, I have no, as in 0, personal opinion on this. Really. I know better, I really do. Unlike you, I am not saying I know the science. I did say that I thought the 'atmosphere in a can" was cool, because even if DC_Tom is right, it's still cool. I am saying that at the very least the science is "unsettled". I am also saying that the concept of "settled" science on this issue, given our ability to reproduce results, is absurd.

However, I do have an opinion, and a well-founded one, about the beginnings, evolution, and eventual results of the attempt to politicize this issue. You are confused. My position is strictly limited to the political side of this issue. Specifically I am talking about the effect that this CERN project will have on the political situation. Re-read my OP. It should be clear as a bell.

Punishing the EPA will happen because they, and Obama, made a political mistake-->signing up to artificially inflate gas prices and trying to use "the right thing to do" as political cover. The problem is not enough people bought it as "right", and even less bought the plan for how to do it. In that way, this is the exact same political mistake as was made on gay marriage, or Obamacare for that matter. The actual issues themselves have been made nearly irrelevant due to the left's choices to try to use them as weapons. This is compounded by the fact that the "how" being proposed for each issue has either been absurd on its face, or has been communicated in an absurd manner.

Um, this is the Politics board. God forbid I actually talk in terms of politics. :rolleyes:

If you want to have a scientific debate, I suggest both of us read the Nature paper, take 3 days to interpret it, and see if we come away with anything we can understand, never mind take a position on.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

You are woefully misunderstanding me.

First of all, I have no, as in 0, personal opinion on this. Really. I know better, I really do. Unlike you, I am not saying I know the science. I did say that I thought the 'atmosphere in a can" was cool, because even if DC_Tom is right, it's still cool. I am saying that at the very least the science is "unsettled". I am also saying that the concept of "settled" science on this issue, given our ability to reproduce results, is absurd.

However, I do have an opinion, and a well-founded one, about the beginnings, evolution, and eventual results of the attempt to politicize this issue. You are confused. My position is strictly limited to the political side of this issue. Specifically I am talking about the effect that this CERN project will have on the political situation. Re-read my OP. It should be clear as a bell.

Punishing the EPA will happen because they, and Obama, made a political mistake-->signing up to artificially inflate gas prices and trying to use "the right thing to do" as political cover. The problem is not enough people bought it as "right", and even less bought the plan for how to do it. In that way, this is the exact same political mistake as was made on gay marriage, or Obamacare for that matter. The actual issues themselves have been made nearly irrelevant due to the left's choices to try to use them as weapons. This is compounded by the fact that the "how" being proposed for each issue has either been absurd on its face, or has been communicated in an absurd manner.

Um, this is the Politics board. God forbid I actually talk in terms of politics. :rolleyes:

If you want to have a scientific debate, I suggest both of us read the Nature paper, take 3 days to interpret it, and see if we come away with anything we can understand, never mind take a position on.

I'm not the one who posted the article without understanding what it does or does not mean. For a minute there, I forgot why I generally ignore your posts. Shouldn't happen again.

I'm not the one who posted the article without understanding what it does or does not mean. For a minute there, I forgot why I generally ignore your posts. Shouldn't happen again.

I fully understand what it does and what it means, politically. Apparently you are too dim to get that. Tell you what, in 17 months, when the EPA is being gutted, and you are posting :o threads, I will be there, laughing at you. I will take this thread and others, and post them in your :o threads, and laugh all day. Not because I am "cheerleading" mind you. But because you were to affected too see what I am actually saying in this thread. Ignore me now, that's fine. Just understand that not listening to me now means me laughing at you later. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I fully understand what it does and what it means, politically. Apparently you are too dim to get that. Tell you what, in 17 months, when the EPA is being gutted, and you are posting :o threads, I will be there, laughing at you. I will take this thread and others, and post them in your :o threads, and laugh all day. Not because I am "cheerleading" mind you. But because you were to affected too see what I am actually saying in this thread. Ignore me now, that's fine. Just understand that not listening to me now means me laughing at you later. :lol:

too affected to see

A lot of people get those confused. Two is the proper spelling of the number 2, to complete the trifecta.

I'm looking forward to your glorious day in the sun. Maybe I'll start paying attention to your crap again in 17 months. :rolleyes:

too affected to see

A lot of people get those confused. Two is the proper spelling of the number 2, to complete the trifecta.

I'm looking forward to your glorious day in the sun. Maybe I'll start paying attention to your crap again in 17 months. :rolleyes:

I am sure I don't care what you pay attention to. However, I do care about trolling the hell out of you, and your phony, "I am above all this, I just want to see the science" load of crap.

Actually, I hope you completely forget about this. It will be more fun for me that way. :D

You are just a hair smarter, and just a hair less affected, than the ALGORE political supporters, as evidenced by you trying to hedge on this. So, I suppose that's something. You know that your political leanings are by far the guiding force behind whatever you say on this. The difference between us is I just come right out and say it. The only reason my political radar is even up on this? The left chose to make it a political issue.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I am sure I don't care what you pay attention to. However, I do care about trolling the hell out of you, and your phony, "I am above all this, I just want to see the science" load of crap.

Actually, I hope you completely forget about this. It will be more fun for me that way. :D

You are just a hair smarter, and just a hair less affected, than the ALGORE political supporters, as evidenced by you trying to hedge on this. So, I suppose that's something. You know that your political leanings are by far the guiding force behind whatever you say on this. The difference between us is I just come right out and say it. The only reason my political radar is even up on this? The left chose to make it a political issue.

There's much more of a difference between us than you might think. My guess is that you might be a bit younger than me. You haven't yet figured out that what you think and especially what you believe can often be wrong. You still have an absolutist view. Some people never seem to grow out of that.

There's much more of a difference between us than you might think. My guess is that you might be a bit younger than me. You haven't yet figured out that what you think and especially what you believe can often be wrong. You still have an absolutist view. Some people never seem to grow out of that.

Wrong. Just the opposite. But when it comes to people like yourself, I am absolutely absolute in my demand that you cease the phony baloney.

First, you tell me that you are just about the science. When I refute that, you go right back to liberal bread and butter--> "well, it's because I am smarter/wiser/morally superior...and let's add a new one....more mature...than you are". :rolleyes::lol: Nice. My posts have worked as designed--> expose your phoniness and the foolish liberal belief that being liberal makes you better. In the past, I would have written a super-long post and made you read it. Or, I would have continued trolling you for fun. But, my point has already been made, and this board has seen fit to roundly reject the phoniness that was rampant here when I first joined. There are just a few phonies left...so no need....

You aren't smarter than most of the people on this board. You aren't wiser: you walked right into this. You aren't morally superior, you are morally relative. The concept that you would claim any of these things, and presume to look down on us, when there is 0 evidence to back any of it up? Yes, that's the height of maturity. :lol:

There's only one thing I have an absolutist view on: most liberals are every bit as phony as televangelists. The difference is: the liberals don't know they are being phony. That's where I come in. :D