So, like, I'm looking through the boards

BRH

Where are those assclowns from Cincy who came on here to talk stevestojan last week?  Did I miss some posts where they came back and admitted we kicked the hell out of them?  :D

168702[/snapback]

When I saw the title of the post, I thought you were talking about all the "fans" on here that wanted Donohoe fired in October.

You still want him gone?

When I saw the title of the post, I thought you were talking about all the "fans" on here that wanted Donohoe fired in October. 

You still want him gone?

168712[/snapback]

You talking to me? I never wanted him fired, although I probably did say a few choice words about his lineage at one point or another.

You still want him gone?

168712[/snapback]

I wasn't one of those calling for Donahoe's head, (though I was calling for JP to start getting work as a starter,) but why would someone eat crow for that? I'm not saying things aren't looking great right now, but at 1-5, Donahoe's record was (I believe) 18-36, a .333 clip. Also, I still hope for a tiny miracle, but if the Bills miss the playoffs this year, Donahoe's teams will still not have gotten there (and that's in today's 0-16-to-the-Super-Bowl NFL). He picked a lemon in Gregg Williams, and (at the time) the 2002 draft looked like a terrible bust. Even with the turnaround, that draft was by no means great.

Again, I wasn't calling for his head back then, as I agreed with most of the decisions he made when he made them. I'll admit that. But I don't see how you can ask those who were looking for a change to eat crow when TD's teams have still failed in the ultimate objective of making the playoffs.

But I don't see how you can ask those who were looking for a change to eat crow when TD's teams have still failed in the ultimate objective of making the playoffs.

168735[/snapback]

Aren't you jumping the gun a little?

The fatlady hasn't sung yet!!!!

I wasn't one of those calling for Donahoe's head, (though I was calling for JP to start getting work as a starter,) but why would someone eat crow for that?  I'm not saying things aren't looking great right now, but at 1-5, Donahoe's record was (I believe) 18-36, a .333 clip.  Also, I still hope for a tiny miracle, but if the Bills miss the playoffs this year, Donahoe's teams will still not have gotten there (and that's in today's 0-16-to-the-Super-Bowl NFL).  He picked a lemon in Gregg Williams, and (at the time) the 2002 draft looked like a terrible bust.  Even with the turnaround, that draft was by no means great.

Again, I wasn't calling for his head back then, as I agreed with most of the decisions he made when he made them.  I'll admit that.  But I don't see how you can ask those who were looking for a change to eat crow when TD's teams have still failed in the ultimate objective of making the playoffs.

168735[/snapback]

I beleive by that criteria, Mike Holmgren has been a successful personnel guy at Seattle (who will make the playoffs) and Donohoe has been a failure. I am going to look at the overall strength of our roster, our draft picks, our undrafted free agents, our free agent pick ups, our salary cap situation and his choice of coaches. He has turned this franchise around in three years. Except for the choice of Greg Williams, I give him high passing grades in each of the categories.

This team is poised for another nice run at success. We weren't anywhere close 3 years ago. Trying to turn things around in one year because you have the patience of a 3 year old (not you, but some of the posters here) is exactly what the Redskins have done. You can't do it in the NFL with the salary cap.

We obviously have a playoff caliber team right now but because of some bad breaks in the first 4 games are likely not to make it, but I am thrilled at the job done by Donohoe and Modrak and have great hopes for the next few seasons.

Aren't you jumping the gun a little?

The fatlady hasn't sung yet!!!!

168742[/snapback]

I thought I was clear in addressing that:

Also, I still hope for a tiny miracle, but if the Bills miss the playoffs this year, Donahoe's teams will still not have gotten there (and that's in today's 0-16-to-the-Super-Bowl NFL).

Also, my last line was about people calling for his head when we were 1-5. At that time, the Bills had not made the playoffs under Donahoe, and the 1-5 start PROBABLY will cause them to miss them this year. So in the end, I don't see how those people have to eat crow. Thos 5 losses out of the first 6 are just as significant to our season as these last 7 wins out of 8.

I'm not a Donahoe hater. I just don't think that the concerns those people had at 1-5 are no longer valid, since it may well be that start that keeps us from the promised land.

Also, I still hope for a tiny miracle, but if the Bills miss the playoffs this year, Donahoe's teams will still not have gotten there (and that's in today's 0-16-to-the-Super-Bowl NFL).

Also, my last line was about people calling for his head when we were 1-5. At that time, the Bills had not made the playoffs under Donahoe, and the 1-5 start PROBABLY will cause them to miss them this year. So in the end, I don't see how those people have to eat crow. Thos 5 losses out of the first 6 are just as significant to our season as these last 7 wins out of 8.

I'm not a Donahoe hater. I just don't think that the concerns those people had at 1-5 are no longer valid, since it may well be that start that keeps us from the promised land.

168767[/snapback]

K :D

I beleive by that criteria, Mike Holmgren has been a successful personnel guy at Seattle (who will make the playoffs) and Donohoe has been a failure.  I am going to look at the overall strength of our roster, our draft picks, our undrafted free agents, our free agent pick ups, our salary cap situation and his choice of coaches.  He has turned this franchise around in three years.  Except for the choice of Greg Williams, I give him high passing grades in each of the categories. 

This team is poised for another nice run at success.  We weren't anywhere close 3 years ago.  Trying to turn things around in one year because you have the patience of a 3 year old (not you, but some of the posters here) is exactly what the Redskins have done.  You can't do it in the NFL with the salary cap. 

We obviously have a playoff caliber team right now but because of some bad breaks in the first 4 games are likely not to make it, but I am thrilled at the job done by Donohoe and Modrak and have great hopes for the next few seasons.

168758[/snapback]

I agree completely...I was just as critical of those who bashed Donahoe for Bledsoe/Mike Williams/McGahee/etc, when at the time the moves happened to get those players, these same people applauded him. But on the other side of that coin is that, at 1-5 (18-36 overall,) on our second "new" coach in three years, and not having been to the playoffs, Donahoe had not achieved the goals he set out for the team.

Now our future looks bright, but it also did to start 2003 (we made a late playoff run in 2002 and were supposed to really challenge for a playoff spot). We started great, then pooped'em. Until TD puts together a full 16 games season of success, I don't see why he should be beyond reproach. Still, I like the way he keeps the Bills in the thick of NFL news and is willing to take risks. We'll see how it goes.

168767[/snapback]

TRUE--lets not get carried away. We have played well but havent really beaten anybody good except the jets with a backup QB.-And we'll probbly miss the playoffs. We still need a passrusher or we will be humiliated by Indy or NE.