Why So Quiet in Here?

ajzepp

It seems like this forum has totally died....we're only a little more than a month away from the MLB playoffs...is anyone even watching baseball anymore? lol

My boy Huddy got smoked by the Mets tonight, but overall my Braves are playing well...we'll be the wild card team in the NL for sure. We've played the Phillies tight this year, so I think we may have a shot at going to the series.

What about all you Yankees fans? They hit like four grand slams in one game recently....nobody talking about them?

Edited by ajzepp

It seems like this forum has totally died....we're only a little more than a month away from the MLB playoffs...is anyone even watching baseball anymore? lol

My boy Huddy got smoked by the Mets tonight, but overall my Braves are playing well...we'll be the wild card team in the NL for sure. We've played the Phillies tight this year, so I think we may have a shot at going to the series.

What about all you Yankees fans? They hit like four grand slams in one game recently....nobody talking about them?

It is quiet over here for now but once the playoffs come around I think this forum will pick up. While the Braves are playing well and as good as the Phillies can be, it seems like the Brewers are the team to beat at the moment in the NL.

It is quiet over here for now but once the playoffs come around I think this forum will pick up. While the Braves are playing well and as good as the Phillies can be, it seems like the Brewers are the team to beat at the moment in the NL.

I have to agree. The Brewers pounded the Braves earlier in the year...I don't remember if we even took a game off them in the series, but they are definitely a team to be reckoned with. I think you're probably right about the playoffs. There isn't much going on right now, but once October hits it'll be another story.

It seems as though all of the races have been decided with the exception of the AL West. The Red Sox are just loaded. The Yanks have played without A-Rod and haven't missed a beat. Granderson is a stud. The Tigers are Verlander and 24 other guys - God that division is bad. The Rangers will have to stave off the Anaheim Weavers.

On the NL side, it's been Halladay, Lee, Hamels and now Worley (?) pacing the Phillies. Hunter Pence seems to have added some punch to that lineup as they are averaging a run/game more than before his arrival. The Braves are playing very well with their youngsters contributing mightily. The Brew-Crew have tons of bats and a pretty good 1-2 punch with their starters (Greinke/Marcum). Out West it's been a disappointing slide for the defending champs in SF. They still have a crazy good rotation - right there with the Phillies - but they couldn't buy a hit in Amsterdam. The D-backs have JUpton, some nice pitching to go with some strong hitting. They're the 2010 Reds. The Dodgers might have the MVP (Kemp) & Cy Young (Kershaw) winners as their ownership plays out like "Kramer vs. Kramer".

The playoffs are a crap-shoot, but it looks like we have some pretty good pitching involved despite the Giants fading.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

It seems as though all of the races have been decided with the exception of the AL West. The Red Sox are just loaded. The Yanks have played without A-Rod and haven't missed a beat. Granderson is a stud. The Tigers are Verlander and 24 other guys - God that division is bad. The Rangers will have to stave off the Anaheim Weavers.

On the NL side, it's been Halladay, Lee, Hamels and now Worley (?) pacing the Phillies. Hunter Pence seems to have added some punch to that lineup as they are averaging a run/game more than before his arrival. The Braves are playing very well with their youngsters contributing mightily. The Brew-Crew have tons of bats and a pretty good 1-2 punch with their starters (Greinke/Marcum). Out West it's been a disappointing slide for the defending champs in SF. They still have a crazy good rotation - right there with the Phillies - but they couldn't buy a hit in Amsterdam. The D-backs have JUpton, some nice pitching to go with some strong hitting. They're the 2010 Reds. The Dodgers might have the MVP (Kemp) & Cy Young (Kershaw) winners as their ownership plays out like "Kramer vs. Kramer".

The playoffs are a crap-shoot, but it looks like we have some pretty good pitching involved despite the Giants fading.

I think your opinions are accurate but I am not convinced yet about the NL West. I still think the Giants will come back and end up winning that division.

• 4 weeks later...

YES SIR!