The Buffalo Bills Stance on this Season

I'd like to see someone put together a comprehensive list of stats that compare how teams have performed in the preseason relative to their regular season performances. I'm willing to bet there is a fairly good correlation.

I'd like to see someone put together a comprehensive list of stats that compare how teams have performed in the preseason relative to their regular season performances. I'm willing to bet there is a fairly good correlation.

Well it's no coincidence that the Pats have been destroying everyone thusfar.

However, the Lions went 4-0 in pre-season in the year that they didn't win a game. There definitely is a correlation, but I'm also willing to bet that there are plenty of outliers. Let's hope that the Bills are outliers.

Well it's no coincidence that the Pats have been destroying everyone thusfar.

However, the Lions went 4-0 in pre-season in the year that they didn't win a game. There definitely is a correlation, but I'm also willing to bet that there are plenty of outliers. Let's hope that the Bills are outliers.

Green Bay went 2-2 last preseason. All close games, except the one where they hung 59pts on the Colts in the 3rd game.

Jets went 2-2. Not many high scoring affairs.

Pittsburgh went 3-1 and Denver beat them handily.

Chicago went 0-4.

Those were the final four, so is there really any correlation at all?

"The Colts have a 4-22 record in the preseason since 2005, but have a 65-15 regular-season record during the same span." from an article dated 9/6/10.

My link

Id be willing to bet there is no correlation. These games are barely a step above practice. Players that don't even make the team are taking up the whole fourth quarter of play. Teams are running plays with a goal of moving the ball with out putting too much on film. Starters are playing one series or a couple series w/ scrubs and literally taking their pads off after. When are you people going to look at what's happening on the field, and stop looking at the score.

(screaming) Pre-Season means NOTHING!!!!!

Green Bay went 2-2 last preseason. All close games, except the one where they hung 59pts on the Colts in the 3rd game.

Jets went 2-2. Not many high scoring affairs.

Pittsburgh went 3-1 and Denver beat them handily.

Chicago went 0-4.

Those were the final four, so is there really any correlation at all?

I guess I should have qualified that by saying I meant the performance of the starters, not the records themselves (those are stats that can be compiled pretty quickly vs. parsing out which 1st stringers did what).

That being said, when the Bills first stringers fail to put up points in the preseason, I'm rarely surprised (although always pissed) when they struggle on O in the regular season too.