Something to consider about Ralph and the Bills

Pretty high standards...

Other 'good years' with winning records: '62, '63, '73, '88, '95, '96, '99, '04

Other 'good years' with playoffs: '63, '88, '95, '96, '99

I want to make sure I have this right. Wilson sucks because we have only 21 winning seasons so far, but Pegula is great because he's accomplished nothing so far. OK

Pegula is "great" because he is at least trying to win a championship. Sabres fans like myself can appreciate that and, in turn, are willing to give him our hard-earned money. Furthermore, Pegula isn't disrespecting the fans and the Buffalo community by threatening to relocate his franchise. He isn't telling us that we need to play games in Hamilton to survive; he knows that once he improves the quality of the product he's selling, sales will go up.

If it wasn't for Lou Saban and Bill Polian, the Buffalo Bills would be known as the most pathetic franchise in pro sports history. The two epochs of 1967-1986 (20 years) and 2000-2010 (11 years...and counting...) are what you normally get with Ralph: incompetence and parsimony.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegula is "great" because he is at least trying to win a championship. Sabres fans like myself can appreciate that and, in turn, are willing to give him our hard-earned money. Furthermore, Pegula isn't disrespecting the fans and the Buffalo community by threatening to relocate his franchise. He isn't telling us that we need to play games in Hamilton to survive; he knows that once he improves the quality of the product he's selling, sales will go up.

If it wasn't for Lou Saban and Bill Polian, the Buffalo Bills would be known as the most pathetic franchise in pro sports history. The two epochs of 1967-1986 (20 years) and 2000-2010 (11 years...and counting...) are what you normally get with Ralph: incompetence and parsimony.

Only time will tell on Pegula...who knows he gave us "the tools"....

I had a conversation with a Patriots fan who has had season tickets for 40 years...He almost gave up his seats 5 times in his 40 years, because he was sick of losing!

Homeboy, stuck by his team...and has watched them dominate the 2000's.

He later told me in his 40 years of being a season ticket holder he has noticed a trend...the trend is if your dominant now, then you'll be dormant for a while!

Every NFL team has had ups and downs...take a look at the AFC East....Jets good now, GAWD awful over their history...Pats good now, GAWD awful during the 70's, majority of the 80's, some of the 90's...Dolphins tout the best record win/loss record of all the AFC East, but have had their ups and downs since Marino retired!