OL Help

26TrapDraw

Is anyone around here really sold on Bell at LT? I think we should be in the market for 2 starting Ts, not just a RT.

Frankly, I think a lot of us believe the Bell will be the answer at LT. He shows continuous progress and his development was stunted by his early injuries.

But, if you look at his work last season when he started all 16 games (No, he is not injury prone.) and I do not believe he was called for a single major penalty. Fitz's backside was protected leading to 3000 yards passing in 12 games plus the team averaged almost 20 points per game.

If Bell continues to progress, like most young offensive linemen who take 3-4 years before they totally get the game, we will be in good shape as long as he stays healthy.

It's about time that the get rid of Bell bandwagon's wheels come off and we start looking at real needs the team has.

Frankly, I think a lot of us believe the Bell will be the answer at LT. He shows continuous progress and his development was stunted by his early injuries.

But, if you look at his work last season when he started all 16 games (No, he is not injury prone.) and I do not believe he was called for a single major penalty. Fitz's backside was protected leading to 3000 yards passing in 12 games plus the team averaged almost 20 points per game.

If Bell continues to progress, like most young offensive linemen who take 3-4 years before they totally get the game, we will be in good shape as long as he stays healthy.

It's about time that the get rid of Bell bandwagon's wheels come off and we start looking at real needs the team has.

I keep hearing about how bad this o-line is and how it needs a total overhaul, yet then you see stats like that and I can understand how they would go defence first in this draft and wait til next year to overhaul the offence

Is anyone around here really sold on Bell at LT? I think we should be in the market for 2 starting Ts, not just a RT.

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think the guys is physically gifted when healthy. But he lacks the mental makeup to play the position. I think if we went with an interior of (L-R) Levitre, Wood, Hangman we'll be just fine. But right now I have no confidence in Bell either.

Just watch him play. His stance, demeanor etc. I'd rather put Jasper out there at LT. At least he has 'tude.

C

What the Bills do every year looks very similar to what the Sabres have done for years. The Sabres in free agency never took a good player. Reiger just spoke of now with a new owner, he opened the books and let them do what they have to do to win and make the Sabres the very best. Now they have the largest payroll in the NHL. Why does this have anything to do with the topic? Sabre fans were pissed and use to B word about how Reiger was holding the team back, but he said things have changed and the Sabres now go after top tier free agents and in the past weren't allowed to go after them but 2nd and 3rds. What if Nix has his hands tied because Ralph simply says no? In my opinion it starts with the owner, so instead of bashing Nix and company go ask Ralph.

What the Bills do every year looks very similar to what the Sabres have done for years. The Sabres in free agency never took a good player. Reiger just spoke of now with a new owner, he opened the books and let them do what they have to do to win and make the Sabres the very best. Now they have the largest payroll in the NHL. Why does this have anything to do with the topic? Sabre fans were pissed and use to B word about how Reiger was holding the team back, but he said things have changed and the Sabres now go after top tier free agents and in the past weren't allowed to go after them but 2nd and 3rds. What if Nix has his hands tied because Ralph simply says no? In my opinion it starts with the owner, so instead of bashing Nix and company go ask Ralph.

Wow, what an interesting new revelation you are on to. So you are saying that maybe fans sure turn their displeasure towards Rlph because he is cheap and won't spend money on high priced big name FA's that we have all heard of? I can't believe that has never been brought up before here.

As for the Sabres comparrison, The were in play for Richards (in theory, only because it was obvious to about 98% of hockey fans he was going to the Rangers) for part of the first day of FA and then signed Leino, who compared to Richards is a relative nobody. All Regier has shown this offseason is that a. he needs help closing deals to convince players to come to Buffalo, and b. he knows how to throw money around. Not saying that the Sabres won't be good, or maybe a bit better then what they were last season, but they threw around ALOT of money for some guys who may be only mid level players, which is one of the reasons why Nix said he doesn't like going big in FA. You end up overpaying for mid level talent.

Have you attempted to send an email to the Bills line coach and tell him this?? I'm certain he'd invite you to their next practice to instruct Bell as you appear to know much more than the guys working for the Bills do. Or probably you can't as you must be the offensive line coach for one of the other teams or some major college.

It just amazes me how much smarter posters are on this board than coaches who do this for a living!

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think the guys is physically gifted when healthy. But he lacks the mental makeup to play the position. I think if we went with an interior of (L-R) Levitre, Wood, Hangman we'll be just fine. But right now I have no confidence in Bell either.

Just watch him play. His stance, demeanor etc. I'd rather put Jasper out there at LT. At least he has 'tude.

C