Ex-Bill LS Jon Dorenbos was on Philly Radio Show

*For those in the Philly/DE area, he is on Preston and Steve (93.3).*

One of our local radio morning shows (non-sports) had two Eagles on this morning, Jason Babin and Jon Dorenbos. I remember him most for supposedly being an aspiring magician in addition to long-snapper. But man, the guy had some legit comedic chops.

Babin was talking about how he had to buy his number (93) from a player when he signed. Dorenbos cut him off and said that when you are a long snapper, you don't get that option. Management just comes and tells you it's not yours anymore. He said when he was in Buffalo, he originally had #55, but then we drafted someone who wanted that. So he figured he could make a deal or something. Coaches just told him "No, we're just going to take that one. You'll be fine." I guess it was Angelo Crowell. He also talked about accidentally snapping a ball during a pre-game warm-up and hitting the kicker in the nuts and how he grew up a Seattle Mariners fan so when he got to play in the stadium for the first time, he crawled out to midfield and kissed the ground and the maintenance guys thought he was getting sick or something.

Nothing wild here...but I just thought it was cool to hear him and was surprised at how natural he sounded. He could have been one of the hosts.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled Moran bashing. :beer:

JW, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read one of your training camp stories quite a few years ago and you mentioned Dorenbos making a bowling ball disappear on the practice field. Could have been somebody else's story.

The bowling ball was ok, but what was really impressive was watching him make Aaron Maybin vanish.

Making Maybin disappear? What could be easier… just have him turn sideways.

If I recall correctly - I'm pretty sure his mom was murdered by his dad?

This is correct.

Hoping Jon is a happy human being.