Who said Peyton wasnt any good?

crackur

Well, at least if the Bills don't make the playoffs and their is an Indy/NE rematch you have just given me someone to root for. 

It is too bad that Boston fans who I actually felt sorry for at one time because of the frustration of the Red Sox and Patties have decided that smug and arrogant is the way to go.  What goes around comes around.

169437[/snapback]

Glad to see you can discuss dissenting opinions and enjoy a spirited debate.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did all my posts go?   

Oh well.  Glad to see FM taking the mantle on this one.    He gets it.  Most of you dont.

169539[/snapback]

This is what I dont get. Why cant you just admit Peyton is amazing. Everyone knows it. I think even you guys do, but for some odd reason (maybe just for the sake of arguing) dont want to admit it. He has the 2nd longest active streak in NFL history, the record for straight games with 2+ TD's, about to get the record for the most ammount of TD's in a year ... etc

I know stats dont equal a SB, but I dont think you guys understand how bad that Indi defense is. An offense can get you a 14-2 or 13-3 record, but DEFENSE wins Super Bowls. It is NOT Peyton Manning's fault that they dont have a defense.

It is NOT Peyton Manning's fault that they dont have a defense.

169631[/snapback]

The Tin Manning Excuse Generator? :unsure:

When you're spending as much on offense as they are (ostensibly to keep Tin Man happy), odds are you won't have a defense.

I would think that Bills fans could easily draw a line between Manning and Marino - gaudy, amazing stats... never won a championship.

The Tin Manning Excuse Generator?  :unsure:

When you're spending as much on offense as they are (ostensibly to keep Tin Man happy), odds are you won't have a defense.

I would think that Bills fans could easily draw a line between Manning and Marino - gaudy, amazing stats... never won a championship.

169657[/snapback]

Sir. Your right. But Superbowls dont make you a great player. That shows your a great TEAM .... some of the best PLAYERS ever didnt win a SB. Dan Marino, Archie Manning, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Cris Carter, Jim Brown ... shall I go on?

Honestly. Great players do NOT = Super Bowl .... Great TEAMS = Super Bowl

Oh yeah ... thats right - Peyton is the GM and he can sign great defensive guys. Your right.

This is what I dont get. Why cant you just admit Peyton is amazing. Everyone knows it. I think even you guys do, but for some odd reason (maybe just for the sake of arguing) dont want to admit it. He has the 2nd longest active streak in NFL history, the record for straight games with 2+ TD's, about to get the record for the most ammount of TD's in a year ... etc

I know stats dont equal a SB, but I dont think you guys understand how bad that Indi defense is. An offense can get you a 14-2 or 13-3 record, but DEFENSE wins Super Bowls. It is NOT Peyton Manning's fault that they dont have a defense.

169631[/snapback]

Peyton certainly is a great QB but he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread like everyone makes him out to be. Take away his arsenal of weapons, take away his great offensive line, take away his fast track dome and lets see what he's like.

Wake me when he and his teams win something. Maybe he could take a pay cut so the team could get some defense if he was that concerned with winning.

Sir. Your right. But Superbowls dont make you a great player. That shows your a great TEAM .... some of the best PLAYERS ever didnt win a SB. Dan Marino, Archie Manning, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Cris Carter, Jim Brown ... shall I go on?

Honestly. Great players do NOT = Super Bowl .... Great TEAMS = Super Bowl

Oh yeah ... thats right - Peyton is the GM and he can sign great defensive guys. Your right.

169698[/snapback]

"Your" right, too. :unsure:

I'll just wait for the Tin Man's annual implosion (3/4 INT) in a big game. I suppose it'll be the defense's fault then, too.

[/excuse generator]

Either the NFL is going to convert every stadium to artificial turf at some point in the very near future, or change the season in which football is played, or Bill Polian has gone insane making his team frighteningly one-dimensional.

It IS, in part, Peyton's fault that they don't have a good defense because he signed such a huge contract in a salary cap league. More money for Peyton means less money for the other 52 guys. Furthermore, this recent signing of all his other offensive players to large contracts makes it likely that this will continue and even worsen in the future. It sure seems to me that they're putting in place a team that is designed to break offensive records and not to win football games in January and February.

Polian's one dimensional strategy - signing an underpriced, undersized, depthless but quick defense was probably the only reasonable way out. It however puts a ton of pressure on the team to do well in the regular season. They'll probably jack San Diego and their first round AFC opponent in Indy. However, they will then have to move outside to either Pittsburgh or New England, and both those teams are going to overpower the Colts D without much of a problem at all.

The playoffs are always going to be in January where snow and cold are going to significantly slow down a high powered offense, and a hostile crowd is going to put the reins on the Great Audibler. Unless the Colts can find the right formula to play at home throughout, I don't see them winning a championship in the near future.

Either the NFL is going to convert every stadium to artificial turf at some point in the very near future, or change the season in which football is played, or Bill Polian has gone insane making his team frighteningly one-dimensional.

It IS, in part, Peyton's fault that they don't have a good defense because he signed such a huge contract in a salary cap league. More money for Peyton means less money for the other 52 guys. Furthermore, this recent signing of all his other offensive players to large contracts makes it likely that this will continue and even worsen in the future. It sure seems to me that they're putting in place a team that is designed to break offensive records and not to win football games in January and February.

Polian's one dimensional strategy - signing an underpriced, undersized, depthless but quick defense was probably the only reasonable way out. It however puts a ton of pressure on the team to do well in the regular season. They'll probably jack San Diego and their first round AFC opponent in Indy. However, they will then have to move outside to either Pittsburgh or New England, and both those teams are going to overpower the Colts D without much of a problem at all.

The playoffs are always going to be in January where snow and cold are going to significantly slow down a high powered offense, and a hostile crowd is going to put the reins on the Great Audibler. Unless the Colts can find the right formula to play at home throughout, I don't see them winning a championship in the near future.

169956[/snapback]

Ugh - actually Offenses have the advantage in snow/cold weather ...

Just wanted to bring back this thread after the MNF halftime interview in which Peyton admitted to basically drawing up their tying TD in the dirt, telling Stokely to run the Co-Po instead of the normal corner route that they had run earlier when it was called.

Yeah, he doesn't call his own plays. :blink:

Just wanted to bring back this thread after the MNF halftime interview in which Peyton admitted to basically drawing up their tying TD in the dirt, telling Stokely to run the Co-Po instead of the normal corner route that they had run earlier when it was called.

Yeah, he doesn't call his own plays.  :blink:

181434[/snapback]

one example, I'm convinced

169631[/snapback]

he's a dome QB, at no fault of his own but still a dome QB, look up Warrren Moon,

he'll be going into the Hall pretty soon with the same mo... pretty stats, in fact Peyton has 34 TD's thrown this year without wind or weather to hinder the ball or receiver

calling names, how unlike you

181478[/snapback]

Adding nothing to a thread, how unlike YOU. :blink:

you're the idiot, what has peyton done that warren hasn't? their just two dome Qb's with pretty stats, try playing your career in real weather

170599[/snapback]

Thankfully, you're above name calling.

Yes, Peyton Manning is awesome...Marino record and all...But until he gets a ring, or at least gets his team past the first round of the playoffs, then what does it all mean? I'd rather have a bunch on unheralded players...with Super Bowl rings on each hand!

PTR

Yes, Peyton Manning is awesome...Marino record and all...But until he gets a ring, or at least gets his team past the first round of the playoffs, then what does it all mean?  I'd rather have a bunch on unheralded players...with Super Bowl rings on each hand!

PTR

181485[/snapback]

His team played in the AFC Championship game last season.

I guess Jim Kelly sucked, too.

Yes, Peyton Manning is awesome...Marino record and all...But until he gets a ring, or at least gets his team past the first round of the playoffs, then what does it all mean?  I'd rather have a bunch on unheralded players...with Super Bowl rings on each hand!

PTR

181485[/snapback]

So many people use that argument and I don't exactly agree with it. Football is a team sport, a quarterback alone cannot win a team a super bowl ring. Just because, Manning or many of the other greats don't have rings doesnt mean they weren't great quaterbacks.