In chronological order from the time that each first arrived as a Buffalo Bill:

2001: Moorman

2003: Lindell, Kelsay, McGee

2004: Wilson

2005: Parrish

2006: Jackson, Williams

2007: Scott, Corto, Huggins

2008: Spencer Johnson, McIntyre, McKelvin, Corner, Stevie Johnson, Bell

2009: Watkins, Sanborn, Florence, Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, Maybin, Wood, Levitre, Byrd, Shawn Nelson

I also expect 5 more of these guys to get cut within the next few weeks (Corto, Huggins, Watkins, Maybin, Shawn Nelson).

What's my point? Well, I don't really have one. It's just kind of interesting to see the evolution of the roster.

2009: Watkins, Sanborn, Florence, Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, Maybin, Wood, Levitre, Byrd, Shawn Nelson

I also expect 5 more of these guys to get cut within the next few weeks (Corto, Huggins, Watkins, Maybin, Shawn Nelson).

What's my point? Well, I don't really have one. It's just kind of interesting to see the evolution of the roster.

Doen't the word "evolution" connotate forward progress? i'd say Devolution is a better choice.

It could be argued that at least from the 2nd round on 2009 was a Nix year as well (at least in the draft part of this).

• 3 weeks later...

Down to 20! Nix and Gailey are really beginning to shape this roster in the way they want it...hopefully that's a good thing.

2007: Scott

2008: Spencer Johnson, McIntyre, McKelvin, Stevie Johnson, Bell

2009: Sanborn, Florence, Fitzpatrick, Wood, Levitre, Byrd

As I read your post my first thought was is this a good or bad thing?? I think Nix had a lot to do with the 2009 building of the team. When you read that the average length of an NFL career is like 3.X years, I would guess having half the roster turn over in three years probably isn't that far off from most teams.

What's my point? Well, I don't really have one.

On some thread I read where someone ripped Nix for cutting Wang, "there goes another wasted pick by Buddy" was the theme. So if you measure how well a GM does by saying every draft pick has to make the team or he's terrible. Well there are 7 picks per season on average, add one to two voluntary retirements per year, another couple of players each year who got hurt and are not ready to come back the following season, I'd be surprised if almost every team doesn't turn over 10 players a season. So in three years that's 30. Take that away from the 54 you started with that says in three seasons, most team wouldn't have more than 25 players left, so the Bills at 20 isn't off by much. Some of the top teams, Pitt, Indy, NE, Saints, may be a little less turnover, rebuilding teams like the Bills 20 is probably about right.