GO COLTS !!

cåblelady

Thats why he took on that albatross of a contract as well as all his offensive weapons to huge contracts.  Ensuring that the Colts will NEVER have a good defense.

168142[/snapback]

It is HIS fault because the Polian signed Harrison, and Stokley to big contracts? I know they say that Peyton is one of the best ever and he does it all but he is now a GM too?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your man-love for Manning is quite unhealthy.   

Its NEVER Peyton's fault is it?

168151[/snapback]

When Peyton throws an interception it is his fault. So 9 times this year.

When Peyton has a bad read it is his fault. So about 18 times this year.

When Peyton throws TD's, has great reads, and tears apart defenses at will it is his fault. So about 200 times this year.

Goodness. You think Tom Brady (the guy who has LESS THAN HALF the ammount of TD's) is better.

When Peyton throws an interception it is his fault. So 9 times this year.

When Peyton has a bad read it is his fault. So about 18 times this year.

When Peyton throws TD's, has great reads, and tears apart defenses at will it is his fault. So about 200 times this year.

Goodness. You think Tom Brady (the guy who has LESS THAN HALF the ammount of TD's) is better.

168157[/snapback]

Let me ask you something. Before Marino threw for 48 TDs. Who held the record for most TDs thrown and how many was it? (And tell me if you looked it up)

I have no clue - Im 19 ... I dont remember much before Dan.

168174[/snapback]

I'm almost 34 and I have no clue. Which tells me that the record doesnt mean all that much. When Manning breaks it, Marino will be obsolete. Years from now, someone will come along and break Manning's record thus making HIM obsolete and people on a message board will be wondering who held the record before Joe Shmole.

Yet nobody forgets Super Bowl winners.

Unless Manning wins it all, its meaningless.

I'm almost 34 and I have no clue.    Which tells me that the record doesnt mean all that much.    When Manning breaks it, Marino will be obsolete.  Years from now, someone will come along and break Manning's record thus making HIM obsolete and people on a message board will be wondering who held the record before Joe Shmole.   

Yet nobody forgets Super Bowl winners.

Unless Manning wins it all, its meaningless.

168181[/snapback]

Marino and Manning will be in the HOF ... you never forget that.

BTW: You can bet your bottom dollar that Peyton will have at least 1 ring by the time he retires.

Marino and Manning will be in the HOF ... you never forget that.

BTW: You can bet your bottom dollar that Peyton will have at least 1 ring by the time he retires.

168187[/snapback]

I dont disagree about the HOF, they both deserve it too. (Isnt Marino already in?) I'm not sure Manning gets the ring however. I'll have to believe that when I see it.

I dont disagree about the HOF, they both deserve it too.  (Isnt Marino already in?)  I'm not sure Manning gets the ring however.  I'll have to believe that when I see it.

168194[/snapback]

Yeah. I was tentative writing about the ring too. But I do think he will prolly get one sooner or later.

Yeah. I was tentative writing about the ring too. But I do think he will prolly get one sooner or later.

168208[/snapback]

They were saying the Same thing about Marino after the Dolphins lost Super Bowl XIX. Funny thing is it never happened. I remember early in Micheal Jordan's career there was great astonishment at his talent and explosiveness as a player, but there were serious questions about whether MJ would ever win the NBA Title with the Bulls. Once he did it, it shut everybody up.

Jordan obviously proved the naysayers wrong, but it doesn't always happen. People figure "Terrific player. He'll have a long career and he'll have to win one sooner or later." Real life is funny, though.

Don Shula never had to deal with a salary cap, and actually had good defenses early in Marino's career. But it was always the lack of balance on offense that billsfanone Marino. Marino wanted to throw, and Shula wanted to let him. They couldn't help themselves, and they never won it.

Manning has a good running back to help keep defenses honest, but he doesn't have a good defense and for cap reasons shows no signs of getting one anytime soon. If you aren't the number one seed, you're going to need to win in the playoffs on the road and in bad weather against excellent defenses. Does anyone really see the Colts beating both NE and Pitt on the road to get to the Super Bowl? Be honest. Will the Colts be able to beat whatever dominating defensive team exists next year on the road in the postseason also? It's a tough job with the kind of team the Colts have. Really tough. No matter how much the media tells Peyton he's wonderful.

Color me skeptical.

Funny how Manning's not such a superman when he plays a team with a decent defense.

168022[/snapback]

...TH you ignorant slut. All QBs need time and a semblance of a running game to be successful...when it comes to skill Brady can't hold Peyton's jock...when TB gets a new offense next year that won't protect him like Fat Bastard's offensive scheme does, we'll see who the better QB is.

...TH you ignorant slut. All QBs need time and a semblance of a running game to be successful...when it comes to skill Brady can't hold Peyton's jock...when TB gets a new offense next year that won't protect him like Fat Bastard's offensive scheme does, we'll see who the better QB is.

168328[/snapback]

Come on. No QB plays in a vacuum, and never has. Marino was more skilled than Joe Montana. Not even close. Joe played for revolutionary offensive genius Bill Walsh and had Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, the premier front office in the NFL and a terrific defense to help him win Titles. Everyone forgets that the 49ers had really good defenses, but they did. You could even argue that the 49ers managed to win another Title without Montana, and Joe couldn't win another one when he went to KC.

Yet for some reason, the "who would you rather have" arguments are never a slam-dunk for Marino. A lot of guys still want Montana instead.

If, skill-wise, Montana can't hold Marino's jock, why is that? Think about it.