Playoff Picture

Ball'n

Bills Win out..End Season 10-6 (Beat SF and Pitt)

3 of 4 things have to happen...

Jax lose 1 out of 2 (Houston, @Oakland)

Bal lose 1 out of 2 (@Pitt, Miami)

Denver lose 1 out of 2 (@Tenn, Indy)

Jets lose 2 out of 2(New England, @St. Louis)

Bold=lose Underline=can lose Itlaics=will win

If 3 of these things happen we get the #6 playoff spot. If all 4 of these things happen we will get the #5 spot.

-Jets need to lose 2. One is against NE so we have the tiebreaker. This way we will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division.

-Jax has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

-Bal has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

-Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose 1 game so that they have 7 losses.

WILL HAPPEN:

-Bal and Denver lose a game or more each.

CAN VERY POSSIBLY HAPPEN:

-Jets lose to St. Louis. Jets will be away.

-Jax lose 1 or more game. Oakland and Houston are both playing good football.

DONT GIVE UP HOPE. IF 1 OF THE VERY POSSIBLY THINGS HAPPEN WE ARE IN.(WIN OUT TO)

Bold=lose      Underline=can lose      Itlaics=will win

If 3 of these things happen we get the #6 playoff spot.    If all 4 of these things happen we will get the #5 spot.

-Jets need to lose 2. One is against NE so we have the tiebreaker. This way we will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division.

-Jax has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

-Bal has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

-Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose 1 game so that they have 7 losses.

WILL HAPPEN:

DONT GIVE UP HOPE. IF 1 OF THE VERY POSSIBLY THINGS HAPPEN WE ARE IN.(WIN OUT TO)

167862[/snapback]

Thank you, my pessimism is temporarily squelched. I stand corrected!

The Bills have done it before and can do it again. Its not over for sure, I just felt like this was our best chance to close some teams out.

Did you already count on Baltimore losing to the Colts?

Because they haven't played yet, hombre.

167873[/snapback]

He has that in the title..............

Bold=lose      Underline=can lose      Itlaics=will win

If 3 of these things happen we get the #6 playoff spot.    If all 4 of these things happen we will get the #5 spot.

WILL HAPPEN:

167862[/snapback]

Well done. I will be cheering for Tenn. on Christmas Day.

I was really counting on the Packers winning that one--bastards!

168011[/snapback]

I think the Jax's will lose another game. Both Oak and Texans are playing good football. They should be close games given Jax's style. Hopefully one of them can upset Jax.

I think the Jax's will lose another game. Both Oak and Texans are playing good football. They should be close games given Jax's style. Hopefully one of them can upset Jax.

168075[/snapback]

Oakland's defense gave up almost 500 yds passing to Billy Volek. Fred Taylor will shred them like Iran Contra documents.

Your best shot lies with the Houston Texans.

Guest Guest_LABILL_*

I can't get it out of my head. 4th down, Nate Clements goes for the interception (personal glory!) instead of knocking the ball down. 4th down, Izell Reese just stares at the ball going into the Jag's WRs hands as time runs out. The mistakes in the very first game of the year -- we would have been ahead by 1 game over Denver and Baltimore (Jags wouldn't even be in this thing) and sitting pretty comfortably right now.

But if we do make the playoffs, my head will be all clear again .. .

Damn Packers.

I really don't know if the Jag's will lose another game this season.

167999[/snapback]

The Jags are averaging 16.9 ppg...they can lose to anybody especially OAK who is scoring like crazy right now...and Houston is pretty tough even though they've been anemic on the road.

It never ceases to amaze me that everybody can have the forsight to firgure out these scenerios, and not realize that....

THERE IS NO CHANCE OF THE COLTS PLAYING FOR ANYTHING IN WEEK 17.

167878[/snapback]

This is almost certainly true. I give you a ray of hope of almost sweepstakes proportions - an Indy/San Diego tie next week. :devil:

Even then, the difference between seeds 3 and 4 is miniscule. Jump on the Billy Volek train I suppose, and hope that Fisher can keep the schoolyard BS to a minimum, and hope that the Tennessee secondary can stop the BYu imitation any day now.