How QBs handle weather

Lothar

The combination of extreme cold, snow showers and wind make the elements a big part of this week's game. I really can see things breaking either way depending on mistakes.

When Cincy has the ball

Kitna has small hands, is prone to fumbling (I believe he's the NFL QB career leader on that front) and will obviously be a bit more rusty than Carson Palmer would have been. That said, his strength is his decision making and getting throws into the hands of his receivers quickly. I think Cincy moves the ball on us, but we have to keep the pressure on with various zone blitzes and see if we can force a fumble or 2 out of the QB and receivers. I really do think that Cincy will move the ball between the 20s on us unless we force a bunch of turnovers. I like the way our D is playing right now, with confidence and smarts. We have the playmakers to cause opponents' problems in the red zone and need to keep their potent O to FGs instead of touchdowns.

When Buffalo has the ball

I like our special teams to give us the edge in field position. That may be critical in this game since the expected weather doesn't play to Drew's strength - I know he has a cannon but that doesn't matter if the ball's wet and cold. Obviously, we need a healthy dose of Willis in this game - we also need to be patient if things aren't rolling for us early. By the 2nd quarter, I hope we've established the run enough to open up that intermediate passing game. Drew has had three horrible games out of 13 - against Baltimore, at the Patriots and last week against the Browns. This past week was because the team was trying to force the ball into Moulds time and again. Drew has to let the game come to him or it could be a long day.

Summary

Bills have lost 9 straight games decided by less than a touvhdown. This game has close written all over it unless the weather causes a turnover festival. Call it a hunch though - I'm going with the Bills in a tight one.