Luke Russert on PFT Live

5) 2004 week 17 vs pittsburgh

4) MNF 25-24 curse (cowboys, pats)

3) Super Bowl XXVIII (calls Andre Reed and Steve Tasker hall of famers)

2) Music City Miracle (Luke calls it a forward lateral and mentions the U of R "study" and PWNES U of Tennessee in the process)

1) Wide Right

Nice to hear Luke Russert use the word "we" over and over again. Can't argue against this list.

Also, he broke down the draft, predicted 7 wins, and comments on the Bills future in Buffalo. He hopes the vikings, jags or rams get moved to LA. Brings up Pegula and the Sabres, Golisano, Jim Kelly group. Mentions Roger Goodell is a Bills fan from Jamestown.

He leaves with the mention of a 4/4 game split with Toronto.

Edited by Corp000085

5) 2004 week 17 vs pittsburgh

4) MNF 25-24 curse (cowboys, pats)

3) Super Bowl XXVIII (calls Andre Reed and Steve Tasker hall of famers)

2) Music City Miracle (Luke calls it a forward lateral and mentions the U of R "study" and PWNES U of Tennessee in the process)

1) Wide Right

Nice to hear Luke Russert use the word "we" over and over again. Can't argue against this list.

Also, he broke down the draft, predicted 7 wins, and comments on the Bills future in Buffalo. He hopes the vikings, jags or rams get moved to LA. Brings up Pegula and the Sabres, Golisano, Jim Kelly group. Mentions Roger Goodell is a Bills fan from Jamestown.He leaves with the mention of a 4/4 game split with Toronto.

I hate this point...Goodell is a Cowboys fan from Jamestown, a Jaguars fan from Jamestown, a Broncos fan from Jamestown...I think we (Bills fans) kind of cling to some hope that the fact that Goodell is from nearby Jamestown, he will somehow, "protect" the Bills in Buffalo. I don't buy that at all...plus, I remember reading a profile of him, when he was first announced as the successor to Tagliabue, and he said he grew up a NY Giants fan.

I hate this point...Goodell is a Cowboys fan from Jamestown, a Jaguars fan from Jamestown, a Broncos fan from Jamestown...I think we (Bills fans) kind of cling to some hope that the fact that Goodell is from nearby Jamestown, he will somehow, "protect" the Bills in Buffalo. I don't buy that at all...plus, I remember reading a profile of him, when he was first announced as the successor to Tagliabue, and he said he grew up a NY Giants fan.

I agree with your point, however, I misquoted Luke. He stated that Goodell grew up a Bills fan, not "is a bills fan now". I'm very much aware that his position doesn't allow him to play favorites, and just cause he's from WNY, we shouldn't count on him to "save" the bills.

I agree with your point, however, I misquoted Luke. He stated that Goodell grew up a Bills fan, not "is a bills fan now". I'm very much aware that his position doesn't allow him to play favorites, and just cause he's from WNY, we shouldn't count on him to "save" the bills.

I would have agreed with your comment until watching Bettman play very different roles in the PHX and ATL potential sale/relocations. Goodell can absolutely involve himself enough to, at the very least, give the Bills every chance to stay in Buffalo.

Someone posted an interview on this board a while back where Goodell referred to himself as a Baltimore Colts fan as a youngster. A quick google search turned up this Ravens Insider post: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/goodells_ties_to_baltimore_run_deep.html

"Affirming a strong, long relationship with Baltimore, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said on Wednesday that he grew up a fan of the Baltimore Colts and Orioles, that he went to Memorial Stadium at least 10 times during his childhood growing up in the Washington area."

I have no idea how long he lived in Western NY, but I had absolutely never heard he had spent any significant part of his youth, let alone "grown up" in the Washington area.

Pretty solid work, a couple missteps here and there but hey he's still young.

Pro

-Agree pretty much with #1-#5

-Nice breakdown of the Beebe forced fumble on Lett.

-Remembering the post-Super Bowl XXV rally, Super Bowl XXVIII. I can barely remember what I did yesterday...

-Loved the shoutout to UR -- "I think the University of Rochester is a lot more highly regarded than anything the University of Tennessee could do."

Con

-I liked the inclusion of the abject MNF failures from the recent past, but I would've also included Lindell's "Wide Right" agst. Cleveland in '08 in terms of nation-wide embarassments.

-He did drop the ball on the dual ownership - an owner can own two franchises in different leagues as long as they are in the same city (which is why Kronke had to sell off his share of the Avs to own the Rams).

The worst moment for the Bills since '87 is the day Bill Polian left. The team has been on a long steady decline ever since. 18 years later and the organization still shows little sign of recovery.