Marijuana decriminalized in CT

Pete

Calling this "common sense legislation" is an understatement. Throwing doobie smokers in jail is a complete disgrace. There are plenty of more important things that cops can be doing than harrassing pot smokers.

Calling this "common sense legislation" is an understatement. Throwing doobie smokers in jail is a complete disgrace. There are plenty of more important things that cops can be doing than harrassing pot smokers.

I agree. However, what if someone is just walking around smoking pot or is smoking pot in any public place? I highly doubt bars are ever going to change to be places that allow pot smoking inside, that is only those medical pot places that allow that. I doubt they serve booze there too. No bar would be allowed to sell pot so they would never allow it. I really do not see the dumb asses who get caught smoking pot in their car in the park still getting just a slap on the wrist. I understand decriminalization, but that does not allow people to go on around smoking pot where ever they want. I think you still get harsher penalties if you are in, say a public park and there are kids there and you are smoking weed. For the most part people that smoke weed in the privacy of their own home never have problems anyway.

I agree. However, what if someone is just walking around smoking pot or is smoking pot in any public place? I highly doubt bars are ever going to change to be places that allow pot smoking inside, that is only those medical pot places that allow that. I doubt they serve booze there too. No bar would be allowed to sell pot so they would never allow it. I really do not see the dumb asses who get caught smoking pot in their car in the park still getting just a slap on the wrist. I understand decriminalization, but that does not allow people to go on around smoking pot where ever they want. I think you still get harsher penalties if you are in, say a public park and there are kids there and you are smoking weed. For the most part people that smoke weed in the privacy of their own home never have problems anyway.

Sooooooooooooooo, selling it still illegal?

Having it also still illegal, just less so?

Soooooooooooooo, criminals and not the state(save me the wisecracks, I understand they're not mutually exclusive)still reap all the financial benefits?

Seems like a pretty ineffectual piece of legislation...