I know this is old memories but...

... this is the first time I see The Comeback (the full game).

I have ordered it at Amazon (shipping cost costed more than the dvd, I live in France).

What passion had the crowd and most of all, the players, at those times.

You see they just weren't on the field for money.

They were together, they were a group.

Those times were special, I'm not sure I ever see something like that again.

(For the record I follow the Buffalo Bills since 1992.)

Do anyone here was in the stadium for this game ?

How did you feel ? during the game ?

Thanks

I was supposed to go to that game with a buddy of mine once we found out it was goign to be blacked out in Rochester, but we didn't make it. It was even more special, though, because it was one of my favorite memories with my grandmother. She and I were in the kitchen of my family house listening to the call on the radio. I still remember the looks on her face every time they scored another TD...it was really something. She rooted for the Cowboys mainly, because Mark Stepnoski's grandmother and her were close friends so she felt sort of obligated lol. But when the Bills were playing anyone else, she got excited just like I did...good times

... this is the first time I see The Comeback (the full game).

I have ordered it at Amazon (shipping cost costed more than the dvd, I live in France).

What passion had the crowd and most of all, the players, at those times.

You see they just weren't on the field for money.

They were together, they were a group.

Those times were special, I'm not sure I ever see something like that again.

(For the record I follow the Buffalo Bills since 1992.)

Do anyone here was in the stadium for this game ?

How did you feel ? during the game ?

Thanks

I was at the game, end zone seats to the right of hte goal posts where Steve Christie kicked the game winning field goal.

When the game started, it was the loudest place I had ever been in my life. By the end of the first half, it was a lot quieter and when the interception occurred in the beginning of the second half, I swear you could have heard a pin drop at midfield. My sister and her husband, who had driven us to the game came by and said "If it doesn't get better by the end of the third quarter, we're going to leave." All I could do was nod.

And then it started.

I don't remember most of the plays, but after the first touchdown (35-10), I had to use the restroom and went to the top of the stairs to watch the kickoff. Christie executed a perfect on-sides kick, Mark Pike obliterated the Oiler and Christie recovered the ball. I went to the restroom, dashing out just in time to see the second touchdown...35-17!

The crowd really began to wake up, an you could feel it in your bones that something good was happening...but there was a long way to go and us Bills fans know better than to get our hopes up too high.

Two more touchdowns later and what was left of the crowd was going out of their minds....

Of course, the Bills got the ball back again and scored to LEAD THE GAME! As loud as the stadium was at the beginning of the game, it was louder now. Of course, Houston woke up and scored a field goal to tie the game.

Houston won the toss (I think) and started to move the ball, and then the real magic occurred - an interception by the Bills!!! A few plays later, Christie kicked the game winner -- and the place went absolutely wild!! We had all been witness to NFL history - the greatest comeback ever.

I had been screaming from the middle of the third quarter all the way to the end of the game -- it took two days before I could speak again. I can only hope to experience that kind of euphoria again in my lifetime - at a Bills game, hopefully in the Superbowl...

Edited by smward8

I wasnt at the game, i was quite young at the time (12) and didnt get a chance to go to the games until i was much older for reasons obvious to anyone in buffalo. i do remember listening to the game at home and my dad getting so mad, he shut the tv off right at the start of the half. he and i got into his car, turned on the radio and drove around. obviously, im not going to point out what happened, we all remember, but i remember one of the greatest moments of my life (sadly, though im not married/no kids). i was on the 190, and everyone had pulled their cars over to the side of the road, had the radio blasting and were jumping up and down screaming, and hugging each other. there were like 20+ cars, no one was driving, everyone was celebrating.

i know its a sports moment, and shouldnt be a life favorite, but it was such a feeling of unity and community. i WAS buffalo at that moment. everyone was pulling for the same thing. we forgot everything we hated about each other for just a few minutes. i love that memory.