Bruce's Big Drive

Ah c'mon Senator.

He's being asked to do traffic reports on an early morning show…not a fair context to judge him.

One thing remains clear, Bruce is very well-spoken, very smooth, and one definitely gets a sense of intelligence from the guy.

The NFL Network would be well served having fewer ignorant blowhards, and more thoughtful, intelligent, articulate ex-players on the set.

It's actually a bit amazing to me that Bruce doesn't work in television. He's so polished.

I agree, Bruce looks very polished and would do far better than most on TV. Have to say though of all things to get Bruce Smith talking about, a driving related topic wouldnt be one of them. :oops:

I remember back in '96, the Redskins were at Rich Stadium playing. Bruce Smith used to have his post game trailer that he would always go to after games in the parking lot. I waited by that trailer trying to get an autograph from him. I was eleven at the time I'll add. A black SUV came out of nowhere along with about 20 kids hounding the SUV. Bruce Smith got out and was surrounded by fans. I managed to squeeze in near the front and yelled, "Mr. Smith, can I please get your autograph?" He replied "I'm only going to sign his ball considering he asked politely." Since then, been a HUGE Bruce Smith fan. But yeah, looking back on the story, I can see how some people would interpret his actions as that of an !@#$.