given that Oakland wants kaepernick, would you make this trade?

I'm glancing over the past few drafts for similar trades. None are right on point, of course, but here's the ballpark:

30 --> 34 netted Minnesota a swap of 4ths (moving up 28 spots) and a 7th.

39 --> 42 was worth a 5th.

42 --> 44 was worth a 6th.

47 --> 58 was worth a 3rd.

51 --> 62 was worth a 3rd.

37 was worth a 2010 1st.

40 --> 47 was worth a 4th and a 6th

51 --> 75 was worth a 4th.

So I think our trade down expectations would have to be a bit skimpier. The best option is swapping out for a 2012 first, I think, though Oakland didn't have a first this year and probably wouldn't want to trade out again. OTherwise, we could get a 3rd, and maybe a late round pick. Don't expect more, and thus, I think it's probably worth standing pat.

As others have pointed out, the second pick of the second round is almost like a first round pick. I wouldn't want to part with a pick like that unless the price was right.

I fully expect Oakland to have a losing record this coming season; which means their first round pick in next year's draft will probably be in the top-15--and likely the top-10. If the deal on the table was to trade away our second round pick, straight up, for their first rounder in next year's draft, I'd do it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Raiders give up their second and next years first I would do it. Having two first rounds next year would greatly increase the chance of landing a franchise quarterback next year if they do not like any of the remaining QBs this year.