Mallet or Locker > Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, Stanzi

I would not be opposed to trading down into the middle of the first round and taking Locker or Mallett and picking up an extra second/third.

I hope these scouts see that Locker is the real deal

I would be opposed to a trade down for either of these guys especially for Locker. There hasn't been one pro bowl quaterback since 2000, probably longer I didn't check past then, that had a losing record coming out of college. Locker was 16-25 at Washington.

I would be opposed to a trade down for either of these guys especially for Locker. There hasn't been one pro bowl quaterback since 2000, probably longer I didn't check past then, that had a losing record coming out of college. Locker was 16-25 at Washington.

Agreed...Out of all these prospect QB's Locker is the single one I want the Bills to steer clear of...I'm not crazy about some others don't get me wrong...But to me Locker simply does not have the make-up coming out whatsoever...Just my opinion though... B-)

Agreed...Out of all these prospect QB's Locker is the single one I want the Bills to steer clear of...I'm not crazy about some others don't get me wrong...But to me Locker simply does not have the make-up coming out whatsoever...Just my opinion though... B-)

I may be putting too much into Mayock's evaluations - I generally find him the least stupid of the draftniks.

BUT - Mayock thinks Locker is better than any of the prospects except Gabbert.

I'm an FSU guy, but Ponder makes me nervous - though I should probably cut him some slack based on his lousy WR's last year and his bum elbow. He certainly was sharp for the Senior Bowl. He's a sharp kid, very mobile, usually very accurate, and as another thread has pointed out - had an insanely hot girlfriend, not that that should surprise anyone - he IS the QB from Florida State, after all. :flirt:

Mallett looks to me like an even less mobile Bledsoe w/o the decision making. I just don't see how a QB like that can play in today's NFL.

Haven't paid enough attention to the others to judge.

I may be putting too much into Mayock's evaluations - I generally find him the least stupid of the draftniks.

I'm an FSU guy, but Ponder makes me nervous - though I should probably cut him some slack based on his lousy WR's last year and his bum elbow. He certainly was sharp for the Senior Bowl. He's a sharp kid, very mobile, usually very accurate, and as another thread has pointed out - had an insanely hot girlfriend, not that that should surprise anyone - he IS the QB from Florida State, after all. :flirt:

Mallett looks to me like an even less mobile Bledsoe w/o the decision making. I just don't see how a QB like that can play in today's NFL.

i like Mallet alot .... reminds me of Eli, but i think he has more confidence

Am I the only person here who thinks that the only potentially franchise QB in this draft is Cam Newton and that his prospects are at best iffy????

I mean, you at least have to have BOTH an NFL arm and pocket presence to even be in the conversation of having your team pick it's future franchise QB with either the #1 or #2 round picks? Well that right there eliminates pretty much everybody not named Cam Newton or Ryan Mallet.

Really, I seriously don't understand the people who are throwing out names like Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton or Locker.

Now that being said, Mallet does NOT have the three dimensional game that Newton has and which could warrant a team gambling a high pick on a potential franchise QB who has immaturity issues he must overcome. Would I pick Newton? Probably not, but IMO he's the ONLY guy worth talking about in this draft for the Bills! I think I'll throw up if they pick a QB in the 1st or 2nd round not named Cam Newton.

Mayock has moved Newton ahead of Locker now...

I think Mayock also feels Mallett is a better NFL Prospect than Locker but drops him behind due to the off-field stuff...No question he puts Locker ahead of the rest...He is VERY concerned about Locker's accuracy, but does feel it's fixable...I've never been able to figure out why Mayock is higher on Locker than most...I think he does love the Kid off-the-field, and that has a lot to do with it... B-)