Prediction out of left field

BobbyC81

The irony, of course, is that Castonzo will be picked by the Colts in the 20s, start at left tackle for a decade, and probably go to multiple Pro Bowls. But hey, at least we didn't "reach."

I hear ya. And all of this "reach" business is based on how all of the draftniks have players "ranked". Look at the Patriots, for example. For years they have "reached" on players based on what the media says. However, they trust their own scouts. If this kid has a legitimate shot at being a quality OT for the next decade, I would have no problem at all with the Bills' drafting him. I would, however, hope that they have enough intel about what other teams may be doing to at least investigate the possibility of trading down (and picking up extra picks(s) in the process) to get him.

The NFL Network did a piece on him and they project him to go in the first round, but that he does need work. Not that that's a stretch. They see him not as a "big slob" left tackle, but more of one that can move through the linebackers and create openings that way. Just not the type the "absorb" the bullrush, if you will. They had a term for it, but it escapes me. If Buffalo is looking at him, like others, I would hope they would trade down and get an extra pick. Just my two cents.

Just got the latest issue of Bills Digest. As has been the case for the last few years, there was a pre-draft question and answer column with supposed draft guru Russ Lande, who writes for the Sporting News.

His pick for the Bills? OT Anthony Castonzo of Boston College. Can't say I've seen this one before.

It wouldn't be a terrible pick at all. I don't rate him as high as some of the defensive players, but we don't know if they will be able to rush the passer anyways.

He would be a dramatic improvement over Demit Bell.