"The Dream Job"

I'm watching the NFL channel and there's a 30 minute episode from NFL Films. The second half of the show was focused on Bruce DeHaven and his family. They landed up adopting two children from Columbia. During the adoption of their first child, Tobin Scott, they met and landed up becoming life long friends with the Cipriani family, who coincidently were in Columbia at the same time adopting a child of their own.

Tobin Scott was named after our own Scott Norwood. Bruce thought that Norwood handled the whole "wide right" incident with such grace and class that his son's middle name is named after him. Bruce believes that a name should have great meaning and naming his child after someone who went and suffered a tremendous scutiny really says something about both men. I agree, Norwood did handle that whole episode with such grace. I realize, after watching that, how selfish of a person I really am. Norwood didn't run and hide, he stayed and answered every question that was asked of him.

The show ended with both families (DeHavens and Ciprianis) toasting. Bruce ended the show by saying how much he would love to be a part of winning a Super Bowl in Buffalo because no one deserves it as much as the people of Buffalo or something to that effect. I'm glad that I watched that show. It made me once again realize how much I love the Bills and that I'm proud of them because of people like Bruce DeHaven AND Scott Norwood. Both men are class acts.

Go Bills!

I'm watching the NFL channel and there's a 30 minute episode from NFL Films. The second half of the show was focused on Bruce DeHaven and his family. They landed up adopting two children from Columbia. During the adoption of their first child, Tobin Scott, they met and landed up becoming life long friends with the Cipriani family, who coincidently were in Columbia at the same time adopting a child of their own.

Tobin Scott was named after our own Scott Norwood. Bruce thought that Norwood handled the whole "wide right" incident with such grace and class that his son's middle name is named after him. Bruce believes that a name should have great meaning and naming his child after someone who went and suffered a tremendous scutiny really says something about both men. I agree, Norwood did handle that whole episode with such grace. I realize, after watching that, how selfish of a person I really am. Norwood didn't run and hide, he stayed and answered every question that was asked of him.

The show ended with both families (DeHavens and Ciprianis) toasting. Bruce ended the show by saying how much he would love to be a part of winning a Super Bowl in Buffalo because no one deserves it as much as the people of Buffalo or something to that effect. I'm glad that I watched that show. It made me once again realize how much I love the Bills and that I'm proud of them because of people like Bruce DeHaven AND Scott Norwood. Both men are class acts.

Go Bills!

It was really a heart-warming piece. Being involved in the NFL has its rewards but it also has its challenges for the nomadic lifestyle of the coaches.