An overlooked QB prospect

Man what an odd year for QBs. I'm also not sold on the 'top' prospects (especially Gabbert...hype job). Ponder and Stanzi have just as much potential with a lower risk imo.

We all have our opinions.

Agreed....this year's group reminds me a lot of 1999's QB class. There were five QB's taken in the first round that year (1. Couch 2. McNabb 3. Akili Smith 11. Culpepper 12. Cade McNown), and only one actually turned out to be a "franchise" caliber QB. Strangely enough it was the athletic, strong-armed QB from Syracuse...one of the most unheralded QB's of the group, perhaps because he ran the option offense (remember philly fans booing the selection?).

Perhaps history will repeat itself and Cam Newton will prove to be the best QB of this class? Not saying that Cam Newton=Donovan McNabb, but there are some similarities between them (besides them being black QB's).

I don't want Cam at #3, but it is an interesting thought.

You are saying Stanzi is the best of the bunch...You have obviously been hanging out with Charlie Sheen too long.

I'm not alone apparently. Interesting how this author uses a statistical model to determine which QB he feels is most likely to succeed in the NFL...

http://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm

I've been high on Enderle for quite a while now. While he does have all the measureables and a nice arm/quick release, the fact is that he is a developmental guy. Now thats not to say that he couldnt one day be a solid starter in the NFL, but he will need some time. Is he as big of a project as Levi Brown? Probably not IMO As a matter of fact, I actually like his long term prospects better than Blaine Gabbert, however, whichever team selects Enderle (rd4/5) will have to be patient. A team like houston or even, and I hate to say this, New England would be wise to grab him and start the process.

With all that said, unfortunately, Buffalo doesnt have the time to invest in Enderle, esp. since we already have Brown 1 yr into the system. Chances are we will take Newton if available, and Im ok with that.