Super Bowl XLV

I am actually kind of surprised that the Packers are favored, given recent history...38 Steelers players have been to the Super Bowl before, while the Packers have about 5 players with previous SB experience. I would love to see the Packers win, but I would bet on the Steelers. I think there is too much being made of the "hotness" of the Packers. The Steelers, with this current nucleus, have a strong history of showing up for big games...the Packers haven't played the quality of oppenants that the Steelers have, week in, week out...Steelers +2.5

I am actually kind of surprised that the Packers are favored, given recent history...38 Steelers players have been to the Super Bowl before, while the Packers have about 5 players with previous SB experience. I would love to see the Packers win, but I would bet on the Steelers. I think there is too much being made of the "hotness" of the Packers. The Steelers, with this current nucleus, have a strong history of showing up for big games...the Packers haven't played the quality of oppenants that the Steelers have, week in, week out...Steelers +2.5

I completely agree about the experience aspect, that is the one and only drawback to the Pack this weekend. However, as far as quality of opponents goes, I think that points Green Bay's way heavily. Including the playoffs, the Pack have played and beaten the Eagles twice on the road, the Bears twice (once on the road in the playoffs), the Giants, the Jets on the road, and the Falcons on the road in the playoffs. That's a pretty impressive list, especially the road playoff victories. IMO, the only quality teams that the Steelers have beat this season are the Jets once at home, the Falcons in week 1, @ the Bucs in week 3 before Tampa became a good football team, and finally a vastly overrated Ravens team twice. And they had no business winning the one regular season game that they did against them. I really think that the Packers are truly much more battle-tested than the Steelers THIS SEASON coming into the Super Bowl.