Sporting News Draft War Room

Actually he can play either position and therefore is flexible insofar as defensive scheme is concerned. 2nd round is absurd (somebody should be so lucky). MD will be gone after 10 picks, and maybe 5.

From what I've seen (just what I've been able to find on the internet) they play very differently- Fairly just rips through a gap and causes havoc in the backfield while what I've seen from Dareus is him walking a blocker backwards, locating the guy with the ball, tossing the blocker away and making a nasty hit- Dareus actually reminds me a little of Bruce Smith only not lean, mean, 270lbs Bruce Smith but rookie rolypoly 300+lbs Bruce Smith.

From what I've seen (just what I've been able to find on the internet) they play very differently- Fairly just rips through a gap and causes havoc in the backfield while what I've seen from Dareus is him walking a blocker backwards, locating the guy with the ball, tossing the blocker away and making a nasty hit- Dareus actually reminds me a little of Bruce Smith only not lean, mean, 270lbs Bruce Smith but rookie rolypoly 300+lbs Bruce Smith.

Agree and thats why I compare Fairly to Haynesworth and why I say MD can play either position, - slim down a bit and play 4-3 pass rushing DE or put on a few pounds and run stuff in a 3-4.

Von Miller = Aaron Maybin.

He is tiny with no backside pursuit.

This would be a typical Buffalo Bills bust detector pick.

Don't worry Nix won't pull a Juron on us... Brandon has been vanquished to the inner chambers of RWS and sadly Ralph Wilsons failing health will preclude him from ever again taking an active role in the running the Bills.

Von Miller = Aaron Maybin.

He is tiny with no backside pursuit.

This would be a typical Buffalo Bills bust detector pick.

Miller is already 15 lbs heavier than Maybin was. Miller also produced at a high level for 2 seasons, not just Maybin's one.

Why do you want to paint the best pass rusher in this draft as Aaron Maybin? You could be right, but I fail to see the comparison.

Miller is already 15 lbs heavier than Maybin was. Miller also produced at a high level for 2 seasons, not just Maybin's one.

Why do you want to paint the best pass rusher in this draft as Aaron Maybin? You could be right, but I fail to see the comparison.

Actually Miller is listed as 7lbs lighter than Maybin. Clearly Maybin is more like 235 but there is no way Miller has 15lbs on Maybin

Miller is listed at 6-3 243 and looks like 6-1 235 on the field and Miller gives up everytime the play is away from his side of the field.

He only has a college speed rush.

No other moves.

An NFL LT would toss Von Miller aside like a certain #58 on the Bills.

Von Miller would have to play inside LB in the NFL or maybe weakside OLB but why would you draft an easier to find ILB with #3 pick?

Edited by Why So Serious?

Actually Miller is listed as 7lbs lighter than Maybin. Clearly Maybin is more like 235 but there is no way Miller has 15lbs on Maybin

Miller is listed at 6-3 243 and looks like 6-1 235 on the field and Miller gives up everytime the play is away from his side of the field.

He only has a college speed rush.

No other moves.

An NFL LT would toss Von Miller aside like a certain #58 on the Bills.

Von Miller would have to play inside LB in the NFL or maybe weakside OLB but why would you draft an easier to find ILB with #3 pick?

I was comparing Miller's current weight to Maybin's when he played his last game at Penn State (225lbs from what I could find).

wow....von miller at 3...interesting....im a big fan of miller but not quite at 3...a trade down a few spots and grab an extra 2 and drafting von would be awesome

to me i was not very impressed with his play in the bowl game nor was i very impressed with bowers.

IMO its buffalo's bad luck to be in the top 3 this year compared to last years draft.

last year we would have gotten a star in the top 5 picks at positions of need for the bills.

this year after fairley who will be long gone by #3 there is no player besides a receiver or corner that has the ability to be a dominant player.

no OT's,DE's or LB's worthy of being picked @ 3 is a real shame for bills fans. with fairley off the board i hope the bills trade down acquire more picks and still get a good player in the 7 to 15 slot,not a star player but a good player @ a position of need.

IMO there is no way we go QB @ 3 because i dont feel there are any QB's worthy of top 5 picks but in Nix i trust and if he drafts a QB or bowers or whoever he picks i will feel just fine.

i know we all feel like we know better than the people that do this for a living but anyone with half a brain knows that is not the case.

I think the Bills feel they have either addressed their rush linebacker need with Moats, or with the signing of Merriman if he comes back healthy. That leaves "Maybin the bust" the odd man out, and would most likely preclude them from addressing linebacker with the 3rd overall pick. My guess is that they either address the line with the 3rd overall pick or trade down if they can find someone who really wants a player early and is afraid that player wont last through the top 5 picks.

The Bills need a big body that can stop the run, and do a good job collapsing the pocket. They could use an upgrade at the Mike position as Poz is not stout enough against the run, shows some problems getting off of his blocks, and has had a history of injury.

TE is an area of need as well as the RT position. Wang is still a project, but has always projected more as a LT. Urbik could be the solution at guard if he comes back healthy, but that whole line needs to to a better job of run blocking - and the coaching staff has to do a better job of calling more running plays.

Safety is another area that the Bills may look to early - there is no indication that Whitner will get paid what he feels he is worth. We need a safety that can create turnovers with some bone-jarring hits and interceptions from that position would be a nice change of pace.

I was comparing Miller's current weight to Maybin's when he played his last game at Penn State (225lbs from what I could find).

Yeah it was real hard to find 235 right on Penn State's website. http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/maybin_aaron00.html

Either way Miller is too small to play rush backer in the NFL.

You pick big bodies or QBs early because it's hard to find big & athletic people or NFL caliber QBs. Later in the draft you can pick big OR athletic people.

Von Miller is in the only Atheltic category and can't play his college position in the NFL.

• 1 month later...

Nawrocki's gotten the Bills pick right 5 consecutive years, dating back to Donte Whitner. Nawrocki has been and continues to be amazing in his final mock draft, particularly with the first 10 picks.

Yeah, I'm betting big money this year on the Draft. Nawrocki is Automatic!

As of now, he has the Bills taking Patrick Peterson.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Nix is going to follow his draft board (excluding QB's ) and if he doesn't have a QB rated within a certain range of the third pick that he might consider like Gabbert or Newton the pick could go a number of different directions. Is AJ Green or Nick Fairly or Peterson rated as high as the third pick by Nix ? We don't know how the Bills have their board stacked in regards to Dareus or Bowers. Could the Bills have them rated lower, sure but we can take it to the bank that whoever is selected (non quarterback) will be the highest rated player on their draft boaard.

Edited by LancasterSteve