James Hardy signed to Ravens offseason roster

Beerball

I wish him the best. I'm still totally confused as to why he wasn't successful here. Seems like a good kid. I hope he kicks some ass.

That year was a bad year for highly drafted big recievers. I think it was a Plaxico Burress knee jerk reaction to getting a large wideout. James Hardy, Malcom Kelly, & Devan Thomas all drafted in the 2nd round, all cut from the teams who drafted them. The teams looked at the size and ignored some other key items such as work ethic, ability to read coverage, ...

That year was a bad year for highly drafted big recievers. I think it was a Plaxico Burress knee jerk reaction to getting a large wideout. James Hardy, Malcom Kelly, & Devan Thomas all drafted in the 2nd round, all cut from the teams who drafted them. The teams looked at the size and ignored some other key items such as work ethic, ability to read coverage, ...

Also a good reminder that drafting wide out in early rounds is maybe a bit more of the proverbial crap shoot than other positions. I read an article a while ago that talked about this issue of drafting them high and how a lot of really successful ones are just drafted low and more able to adjust to the game because they work harder at it. Only a small percentage of high draft choices were very good and some only after they went to other teams and had to fight for the new job.

I wish Hardy luck, maybe he is in the later group.

Also a good reminder that drafting wide out in early rounds is maybe a bit more of the proverbial crap shoot than other positions. I read an article a while ago that talked about this issue of drafting them high and how a lot of really successful ones are just drafted low and more able to adjust to the game because they work harder at it. Only a small percentage of high draft choices were very good and some only after they went to other teams and had to fight for the new job.

I wish Hardy luck, maybe he is in the later group.

That observation could be made about almost any position on the field.

I hope he makes it. Why **** on guys that never pan out? Maybin, McCargo, Hardy, JP, TE it is not their fault where they were drafted of maybe never really had the talent. Even Lynch, Parish, Whitner & Poz to a lesser extent. At least they all try. Instead **** on guys that stop trying like Lee Evans.