Gailey and a rookie QB pick

Hplarrm

There have been a posts heralding this or that rookie QB as a player perfect for a Gailey style offense (or pointing to other rookies as being Bledsoe like plodders who do not fit Gailey's style.

The argument does make some superficial sense but actually it does not take a lot of thought and it would be great if someone checked the record and confirmed that actually there is no first year QB who fits the Gailey model,

The model is based not on the QB being an extraordinary talent but instead being a vet QB who has started a few games and actually been judged a failure elsewhere.

The Gailey model is one which takes a Fiedler, Kordell, and to some extent even a Fitzy and plugs him into an O system which emphasizes the QB using whatever talents he has (even if they are lacking in some significant physical area) and calls upon this vet to make quick reads and commit to them.

In my mind Edwards failed not because he could not make the reads and even was a little fleet of foot which the Gailey O uses wellm but instead he had allowed himself to become incredibly gunshy after hie concussion and running the Jauron Noffense.

I simply do not see Gailey showing much history of drafting and developing successful QBs. Please correct me if there are examples.

There have been a posts heralding this or that rookie QB as a player perfect for a Gailey style offense (or pointing to other rookies as being Bledsoe like plodders who do not fit Gailey's style.

The argument does make some superficial sense but actually it does not take a lot of thought and it would be great if someone checked the record and confirmed that actually there is no first year QB who fits the Gailey model,

The model is based not on the QB being an extraordinary talent but instead being a vet QB who has started a few games and actually been judged a failure elsewhere.

The Gailey model is one which takes a Fiedler, Kordell, and to some extent even a Fitzy and plugs him into an O system which emphasizes the QB using whatever talents he has (even if they are lacking in some significant physical area) and calls upon this vet to make quick reads and commit to them.

In my mind Edwards failed not because he could not make the reads and even was a little fleet of foot which the Gailey O uses wellm but instead he had allowed himself to become incredibly gunshy after hie concussion and running the Jauron Noffense.

I simply do not see Gailey showing much history of drafting and developing successful QBs. Please correct me if there are examples.

I think what makes Chan special as an offensive coach is his ability to design his offensive scheme to capitalize on the strengths of his quarterback. I don't think there is a specific type of quarterback that fits "Gaileys model." I don't know of any specific examples, but I would be confident in Chan's ability to develop a rookie QB. I know of no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Can't give you examples. There may not be any. But it is wrong to say that because he has had to work miracles with lesser talents he would not want to have and coach a legitimate franchise guy. He has said as much and I believe him.

The thing I believe is that Gailey and the Bills likely will say things that benefit the Bills. In this case, feeding the perception that the Bills are going to draft a QB drives up what folks will offer to get the #3 and the fear the Bills are gonna tighten the market if they are allowed to pick.

In this light, then the separate issue that Gailey has made the playoffs with marginally talented QBs along with the definite need for better talent at LB and in the trenches is what gives me little doubt that in order to win this team will look at a position other than QB for a first round or even early pick/

Even the arguments that SB teams MUST have first round or franchise QBs actually underscores the real fact that from Drew Brees to Dilfer to Favre the best way to get a high pick QB is to let him learn the game elswhere and get run out of town.