Wade's sticking with what works

Interesting, in that he's going to try to turn Mario Williams into a Bruce Smith-type 3-4 DE. At 295 pounds, he does have the size and athleticism... so we'll see if it works. In the Wade Phillips 3-4, this could work - I think it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, and if Williams can replicate similar sack production.

Some great quotes in there,

"All it is, is your front seven."

" A good football coach is like a good player, you can fit them in.”

among many others.

He also made an interesting point on coverages re: 4-3 vs. 3-4. He says there's really no difference in coverages between the two sytle defenses but says the 3-4 will put more pressure on a QB to naturally help the secondary.

I think it is a great move for Wade, The HC should be fired mid season, and if not at the end, and he will be primed to take over another Texas team. Perfect situation there for him. If he fixes the D, maybe they get to the playoffs and he can turn the team around to get another shot. Team continues to spiral the 2nd half of the season and he is there to take over when needed. Win Win for Wade.

Makes me wonder if George Edwards even knows how to install a 3-4 defense.

Does that guy even know what hes doing?

Can't blame the man that has no talent to run either D we need some players on the D side and I can Name 2 off the top of my head that need to go