[closed]Goodbye Cookie, RIP

Stampede

just heard about Cookie's passing and had to make a comment. i have never lived in Buffalo and have only been there twice in my life for a game. i was born a Bills fan (because of my uncle) in 1964 and everything i knew about the Bills was taught to me by my uncle who passed in 1982 at the age of 38. i don't know how, but my uncle met Cookie on a couple of occasions and thought he was the best running back ever; he even insisted that the Bills could have beat the Packers in the first Super Bowl especially if Cookie was in the backfield.

i wrote to him once while he was in the ALF but didn't receive a reply; not that i was expecting one. i just wanted to share with him how he was not forgotten and that many people still talk about him as one of the greatest running backs of all time for the Bills and the NFL. Cookies passing is that much closer to me because of my uncle.

for some strange reason i did not see the previous posting (and i did look and was surprised that there was none, i apologize; please delete).

Edited by Stampede

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.