Stat on how many down linemen ? Defense

San-O

Is anyone aware of a site or statistic which counts how many down linemen a team (Bills) used during games.

The concensus seems to be that they switched D fronts often, more toward the middle or end of season. I would

like to see what the 3 down and 4 down numbers were as the season went on how much of the time they actually spent

in the different formations.

P.S. Bills F.O., please draft a beast D lineman. Maybe two.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

Is anyone aware of a site or statistic which counts how many down linemen a team (Bills) used during games.

The concensus seems to be that they switched D fronts often, more toward the middle or end of season. I would

like to see what the 3 down and 4 down numbers were as the season went on how much of the time they actually spent

in the different formations.

P.S. Bills F.O., please draft a beast D lineman. Maybe two.

That would actually be an interesting look - although much of it is affected by situation. For example, the Bills may have used 3 down linemen in running situations, and 4 in passing more, etc... which would affect the performance numbers. Still, would be interesting to look.

And I would prefer if they drafted a beast Linebacker, not a best D Lineman. Just my preference.

That would actually be an interesting look - although much of it is affected by situation. For example, the Bills may have used 3 down linemen in running situations, and 4 in passing more, etc... which would affect the performance numbers. Still, would be interesting to look.

And I would prefer if they drafted a beast Linebacker, not a best D Lineman. Just my preference.

If we don't have guys on the DL that can take on blockers and gooble them up, the oppositions OL will have yet another field day firing out on our LB's. Nice to have monster LB's, but even they need some horse up front to keep the oppositions OL off them.

Horse then Cart, not the other way around.

It's an interesting question. In thinking about it you would need to factor in when kelsay had his hand down as a pass rusher, thus looking like a 4 man line, but in actuality the other players were playing 3 down line positions. Kelsay had to put his hand down and rush as he was really lost playing a stand-up OLB, even when he rushed from that position.