It's a shame...

bartshan-83

Not everyone might feel this way (especially Cynical), but a small part of me felt kind of bad for Auburn last night. I was watching this glorious celebration, everyone smiling and dancing and crying. And all I could think of was how it's only going to be a matter of time before they get B word-slapped by the NCAA. It was like watching a wedding that you knew was going to end in divorce. All the happy feelings will soon be tainted.

And they could both very well be two-faced, slimeballs, but I really got the sense that both Chizik and Newton were really proud and genuinely taken back by the accomplishment. Chizik was on Cloud 9 and was so happy for everyone involved. Newton talked genuinely about how "something great can come of something so bad." It was almost easy for a second to forget that they both likely knew exactly what was going on and were both actively complicit.

The story of a coach that no one thought would succeed and QB who pulled himself out of the ashes to turn in one of the great seasons ever should have been one for the ages.

I just have to believe that within 12 months, Auburn will have lost this trophy and Newton will be joining the Reggie Bush club.

For shame...

Not everyone might feel this way (especially Cynical), but a small part of me felt kind of bad for Auburn last night.

Actually, quite torn about the whole deal.

Happy to see the SEC win yet another NC (even if it's Cow College).

Not happy to see it was won under the cloud of an NCAA investigation.

I was watching this glorious celebration, everyone smiling and dancing and crying. And all I could think of was how it's only going to be a matter of time before they get B word-slapped by the NCAA. It was like watching a wedding that you knew was going to end in divorce. All the happy feelings will soon be tainted.

It's already tainted, regardless of how the NCAA finally rules.

The rules regarding pay for play and eligibility are quite clear.

If a parent of the student athlete attempts to collect money for pay for play, the student athlete is ruled ineligible.

The NCAA chose to overrule it's own rule (I'm shocked I tell you ...) when Auburn forced the issue.

The NCAA has 2 choices now.

One, come back and do the right thing by declaring Newton ineligible and vacating all 14 wins.

AU, the SEC, and CFB all end up with a blackeye.

I can expect to hear this: AU and the SEC are nothing but a bunch of cheaters!

Two, come back and do the wrong thing by declaring AU and Newton are clean and clear.

AU, the SEC, and the NCAA all end up with a blackeye.

I can hear it now: How much did Auburn/SEC pay the NCAA to look the other way and violate it's own rule?

And they could both very well be two-faced, slimeballs, but I really got the sense that both Chizik and Newton were really proud and genuinely taken back by the accomplishment. Chizik was on Cloud 9 and was so happy for everyone involved. Newton talked genuinely about how "something great can come of something so bad." It was almost easy for a second to forget that they both likely knew exactly what was going on and were both actively complicit.

The story of a coach that no one thought would succeed and QB who pulled himself out of the ashes to turn in one of the great seasons ever should have been one for the ages.

I just have to believe that within 12 months, Auburn will have lost this trophy and Newton will be joining the Reggie Bush club.

For shame...

It was a sham(e) letting Auburn to continue playing Newton as soon as the Dad confessed to seeking payment. Now it's truly a mockery.

Thank you, frigging Auburn.

It was a sham(e) letting Auburn to continue playing Newton as soon as the Dad confessed to seeking payment. Now it's truly a mockery.

Thank you, frigging Auburn.

Being laughably hypocritical is nothing compared to the horror of having to let TCU play in the NC game.

Sincerely,

The NCAA

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.