Stand-up Comedy

ajzepp

I'm getting to the age where I'm wanting to start working on my bucket list, and one of the things I've always wanted to do is write and perform a 5 minute stand-up routine. I don't care if I majorly bomb, which I will likely do, but my goal is to have ONE joke...just ONE JOKE...that gets everyone to laugh. Once I've accomplished that, I'll be able to cross it off my list.

I'm pretty sure that I've found a nice small little club where I could do this, so I was wondering if any of you guys do open mic or perform stand-up in any way. I'd really like to hear about some experiences if anyone wants to share....or even if it's just something you've thought about doing, but haven't yet....like me.

Two friends walk up to a stranger at the top of a skyscraper's observation deck.

One of the friends asks the stranger, "Did know that the winds are so strong up here, that you can jump off and you will be blown safely back onto the ledge?"

Stranger says, "No way, I call BS!"

First guy says, "Watch me...I'll prove it!"

First guy steps onto the ledge, jumps, does a flip in mid-air and lands back onto the ledge.

Stranger can't believe what he just saw and says, "Holy cow that is amazing! Do it again!"

First guy steps onto the ledge a second time, jumps, does two flips and lands back onto the ledge.

Stranger exclaims, "Incredible....once more!"

First guy steps onto the ledge a third time, jumps, does three flips and lands back onto the ledge.

The stranger is now eager to give it a try. He steps onto the ledge, jumps ...and immediately falls hundreds of feet to his death.

The third guy says to his friend, "Geez Superman you can be a real a-hole sometimes!"

here is the ultimate joke....it's gold jerry...gold i tell ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhmnOpoGAPw

I'm getting to the age where I'm wanting to start working on my bucket list, and one of the things I've always wanted to do is write and perform a 5 minute stand-up routine. I don't care if I majorly bomb, which I will likely do, but my goal is to have ONE joke...just ONE JOKE...that gets everyone to laugh. Once I've accomplished that, I'll be able to cross it off my list.

I'm pretty sure that I've found a nice small little club where I could do this, so I was wondering if any of you guys do open mic or perform stand-up in any way. I'd really like to hear about some experiences if anyone wants to share....or even if it's just something you've thought about doing, but haven't yet....like me.