How did the 2010 Bills offense do?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/4/1915281/how-did-the-bills-offense-do-in-2010

It's a good write up as the author answered many questions Bills fans had going into the season. I agree with the article that the right side of the O-line & the TE position needs major improvement in order to be an effective offense. I also like that he pointed out Evans' drop in production since his contract extension.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/4/1915281/how-did-the-bills-offense-do-in-2010

It's a good write up as the author answered many questions Bills fans had going into the season. I agree with the article that the right side of the O-line & the TE position needs major improvement in order to be an effective offense. I also like that he pointed out Evans' drop in production since his contract extension.

How would Demetrius Bell and Eric Wood perform this year after suffering season ending injuries?

Eric Wood had his best statistical performance as a Bill this year and looks to take over as the Bills permanent Center. In run protection, Wood had: 73 Good, 209 Decent, 23 Bad, 4 Killed plays for an overall grade of 78.4%, which was 2nd behind Andy Levitre at 78.7%. Pass blocking, Wood had: 17 Good, 431 Decent, 24 Bad, 6.5 Killed, 1 Sack pass plays and an overall grade of 74.7% which is the highest grade on the O-line.

Bell on the other hand struggled compared to the other O-linemen, but did manage to play all 16 games for the Bills. Bell’s run blocking stats were: 33 Good, 295 Decent, 25 Bad, 6 Killed with an overall grade of 75.5%, which was 2nd lowest from the O-linemen that finished the year. Pass protection: 7 Good, 514 Decent, 45 Bad, 17.5 Killed, 8.5 Sacks and 43 in which he got help on, giving him an overall rating of 73.7%

Here’s what’s Gailey had to say about Bell’s play this season: "I thought Demetrius (Bell) had an OK year. I didn’t think he had a great year. And I know the injury, he couldn’t practice Wednesdays at all the whole year, and again I’m not trying to make excuses for anybody but I’m just stating facts, he didn’t practice on Wednesdays. I think a year of strength and core development I think will help him tremendously. He missed all of that last year because of the shoulder, he got no upper body work, he got no lower body work and he gutted out the season. He and Eric (Wood) gutted out the season for us and you’ve got to like that about a guy that will do that. But I think his upside is tremendous.” Looks like Bell will get another year to show if he can improve and become a good LT in the league.

I agree with this 100%, Wood rebounded better than anyone expected after his horrific leg injury. I'm glad Wood had a chance to show what he can do at Center and looks like he will be back at his original position (from college). I like that Bell was able to play all 16 games and hopefully he can fully heal up his injuries and build up some lower & upper body strength.

How would Demetrius Bell and Eric Wood perform this year after suffering season ending injuries?

Eric Wood had his best statistical performance as a Bill this year and looks to take over as the Bills permanent Center. In run protection, Wood had: 73 Good, 209 Decent, 23 Bad, 4 Killed plays for an overall grade of 78.4%, which was 2nd behind Andy Levitre at 78.7%. Pass blocking, Wood had: 17 Good, 431 Decent, 24 Bad, 6.5 Killed, 1 Sack pass plays and an overall grade of 74.7% which is the highest grade on the O-line.

Bell on the other hand struggled compared to the other O-linemen, but did manage to play all 16 games for the Bills. Bell’s run blocking stats were: 33 Good, 295 Decent, 25 Bad, 6 Killed with an overall grade of 75.5%, which was 2nd lowest from the O-linemen that finished the year. Pass protection: 7 Good, 514 Decent, 45 Bad, 17.5 Killed, 8.5 Sacks and 43 in which he got help on, giving him an overall rating of 73.7%

Here’s what’s Gailey had to say about Bell’s play this season: "I thought Demetrius (Bell) had an OK year. I didn’t think he had a great year. And I know the injury, he couldn’t practice Wednesdays at all the whole year, and again I’m not trying to make excuses for anybody but I’m just stating facts, he didn’t practice on Wednesdays. I think a year of strength and core development I think will help him tremendously. He missed all of that last year because of the shoulder, he got no upper body work, he got no lower body work and he gutted out the season. He and Eric (Wood) gutted out the season for us and you’ve got to like that about a guy that will do that. But I think his upside is tremendous.” Looks like Bell will get another year to show if he can improve and become a good LT in the league.

I agree with this 100%, Wood rebounded better than anyone expected after his horrific leg injury. I'm glad Wood had a chance to show what he can do at Center and looks like he will be back at his original position (from college). I like that Bell was able to play all 16 games and hopefully he can fully heal up his injuries and build up some lower & upper body strength.

Yep, I've been saying that Bell gets at least next year to prove himself. The RT and TE positions are the more important positions to upgrade on offense (outside of arguably QB).

Yep, I've been saying that Bell gets at least next year to prove himself. The RT and TE positions are the more important positions to upgrade on offense (outside of arguably QB).

After hearing that Bell had shoulder issues to deal with, along with recovering from knee surgery, I'm willing to give him a break for this year. One thing I'll point out for Bell is that he had 3 less sacks than Peters did his last season with the Bills.

I agree, Bell gets one more more year to show significant improvement. If he can't improve enough, then the Bills will have to address the LT position next year (and maybe keep Bell as a backup or another position on the O-line.

"How will Cornell Green do at RT?

Hahaha, do I even need to answer this?"

:thumbsup::w00t: That's priceless!!