Alabama North

sirebors

After watching as many games and players as possible this year and last I have come to the conclusion that I would like the Bills to draft:

Rd. 1 Marcell Dareus Alabama and

Rd. 2 Courtney Upshaw Alabama ( earlier than his current ranking but he will be a game changer )

Rd. 3 RT possibly Matt Reynolds BYU as he has played both LT and RT in college

I think both Alabama players who would immediately help our defense.

Some other players I would consider for the 1st round are:

1. Nick Fairley

2. Da'Quan Bowers and

3. Robert Quinn

I think they all have tremendous potentional as well. Our #1 priority has to be to increase our run defense and our pass rush.

I realize a lot of people on this board want to draft a 1st round quarterback. Believe me, I love Andrew Luck as much as anyone. I have for awhile and I was one of the ones who actually wanted the Bills to lose out so we would be able to get him. But the simple fact remains that he will not be available when we draft either because he will decide not to come out or he will be taken by Carolina or Denver. The other quarterbacks avaliable are not worthy of a 3rd pick selection.

I believe that the "NET" improvement to the team would be greater taking a defensive player as there is a bigger gap in skill between the defenders we have now and the players listed above than there is between Ryan Fitzpatrick and any other rookie QB's. Contrary to a lot of opinion on this board, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good quarterback. He is intelligent, mobile, and a leader who the players want to follow. There are some issues with accuracy and turnovers but I believe those will be corrected with improved offensive line play which will also help the running game. Nix will NOT take a quarterback in the first round. Our sack total was ranked 28th, our run defense was ranked 32nd, and we have arguably the worst linebackers in the league.

Another quick point, I have decided. I do not want the Bills to draft Dontay Moch or Tank Carder. I know a lot of posters really like Moch because of his straight ahead speed. But what I get from watching him is he cannot change direction and is very tight in the hips. He almost looks unathletic, or like a frankenstein to me. We already have that in Poz, I do NOT want another. Carder has a 3rd round linebacker grade but I just don't see it. I want legitimate athletes on this team.

Granted this could be changed if the Bills are able to aquire David Harris or Paul Soliai.

Edited by sirebors

After watching as many games and players as possible this year and last I have come to the conclusion that I would like the Bills to draft:

Rd. 1 Marcell Dareus Alabama and

Rd. 2 Courtney Upshaw Alabama ( earlier than his current ranking but he will be a game changer )

Rd. 3 RT possibly Matt Reynolds BYU as he has played both LT and RT in college

I think both Alabama players who would immediately help our defense.

Some other players I would consider for the 1st round are:

1. Nick Fairley

2. Da'Quan Bowers and

3. Robert Quinn

I think they all have tremendous potentional as well. Our #1 priority has to be to increase our run defense and our pass rush.

I realize a lot of people on this board want to draft a 1st round quarterback. Believe me, I love Andrew Luck as much as anyone. I have for awhile and I was one of the ones who actually wanted the Bills to lose out so we would be able to get him. But the simple fact remains that he will not be available when we draft either because he will decide not to come out or he will be taken by Carolina or Denver. The other quarterbacks avaliable are not worthy of a 3rd pick selection.

I believe that the "NET" improvement to the team would be greater taking a defensive player as there is a bigger gap in skill between the defenders we have now and the players listed above than there is between Ryan Fitzpatrick and any other rookie QB's. Contrary to a lot of opinion on this board, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good quarterback. He is intelligent, mobile, and a leader who the players want to follow. There are some issues with accuracy and turnovers but I believe those will be corrected with improved offensive line play which will also help the running game. Nix will NOT take a quarterback in the first round. Our sack total was ranked 28th, our run defense was ranked 32nd, and we have arguably the worst linebackers in the league.

Another quick point, I have decided. I do not want the Bills to draft Dontay Moch or Tank Carder. I know a lot of posters really like Moch because of his straight ahead speed. But what I get from watching him is he cannot change direction and is very tight in the hips. He almost looks unathletic, or like a frankenstein to me. We already have that in Poz, I do NOT want another. Carder has a 3rd round linebacker grade but I just don't see it. I want legitimate athletes on this team.

Granted this could be changed if the Bills are able to aquire David Harris or Paul Soliai.

Athletes are great, isn't Maybin just wonderful? Personally, I agree with Gailey/Nix, I'd like football players first.