Myths Dispelled

Dr. Trooth

I guess an 8-8 season would be an improvement. It was obvious that our failure to trade or go for free agents (Vick, Faneca, Flozell Adams) were big mistakes. spiller, as good as he may someday be, wasn't anywhere near as much help this year as Bulaga would have been. Letting Incognito go was a brain fart...but on the positive side we seem to be developing with younger players and through the draft...I'm not a big fan of that strategy (developing them to take advantage of free agency)but I was impressed with the way the Bills played after the break and am ready to back off my wish that Gailey be fired. I'm okay with him for one year, but I expect some good personnel moves in the off season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! NOW I get it! You don't mean #1 like a team depth chart, you mean #1 in the history of the position! Ok, then fair point. Stevie is not a #1 in the history of the position WR...I just hadn't realized that was a common "myth". And I Googled and you are right. Jerry Rice was clutch, meaning all of his career drops (2.6 of them) were carefully placed in non-crucial situations, and he never dropped an important ball (small sample size since Rice only played on one or two playoff teams if I remember). He certainly never dropped a deep bomb that would have meant a five win season or anything that important.

Whoops...sorry about that...I had my Sarcasm-Lock key stuck.

Fine, Stevie is a great #1 receiver for the Bills. I was wrong, you all were right. I am sorry that I have high expectations for talented athletes. I mean, why would I want a guy like Jerry Rice on my team with his "2.6"non clutch drops, or whatever you googled. I will remain content with Stevie Johnson dropping balls when it matters most. I will be content with Stevie Johnson dropping balls that no one should drop. I will be content with mediocrity on this team. I will be content with 4-12, 6-10, 7-9, NEVER contending in the division, and never striving for greatness.

I will never again argue with you guys.

Brohm is a reliable backup too.