Defensive Coordinator

bills1960

I totally agree, I just don't have any faith in this current regime, and I can't believe that "Chum" Gailey and Edwards was the best this incompetent organization could do at filling a coaching vacancy. It's become so depressing being a Bills fan. This organization is in such disarray how on earth do we expect to compete with 1st class franchises (i.e. NE,).

First off, welcome aboard. Second, don't let anyone tell you what you just said is wrong.

Re-signing Chris Kelsay, signing Shawne Merriman, raiding other teams' practice squads, it never ends with this franchise. They're a third rate and irrelevant organization and they don't care.

Yeah but it's not really Nix's call. He can suggest to Chan that maybe we need a better DC. But unless Chan agrees and wishes to dump him it won't happen. The only option Nix would have would be to then fire Chan over the issue. Kind of what RW did to Wade when he claimed Wade wouldn't fire the ST coach when RW asked him to. So RW then tried to claim Wade quit, so he didn't have to pay him. That worked well!!

The defense had no players so are you going to bame that on Edwards? People also like to talk about how players won't want to come to Buffalo. Well firing the DC after one year while fielding a terrible team won't do much to help attract coaches either. I agree with many other posters, he likely will get a pass, unless it'sreally felt he was over his head and Cahn wants to make a change. Will be interesting to see what happens, but based on what as fans we see, he does NOT deserve to be fired. If he is fired it's likely for what goes on behind the scenes.

So, do you think it was Gregg Williams call to hire a defensive consultant when he was HC of the Bills?