The Brian Brohm challenge

Simon

On the first INT, he saw a man coming right at him and did not unload fast enough.

I got the sense that the pass rush was in his grill as soon as he hit his drop and he had little if any opportunity to get rid of it.

I got the sense that the pass rush was in his grill as soon as he hit his drop and he had little if any opportunity to get rid of it.

He could have thrown it sooner... or not at all. I certainly understand your desire to defend Brohm, but his performance revealed a vatiety of shortcomings, and lack of pocket presence was at the top of the list.

On the first INT, he saw a man coming right at him and did not unload fast enough.

I was flipping between the Saints game and the Bills. On a very similar play, Brees had a rusher completely free about to clobber him...instead of trying to throw thru the rusher like Brohm did, Brees, waited till the last second, juked left and up, and simply unloaded the ball. Some guys have spatial sense and some don't....my impression is Brohm just doesn't have it yet.

So we have one example so far, and a debatable one at that?

I'm not interested in defending Brohm, who didn't do much of anything today, good or bad. I'm more interested in accurate assessments of specific examples regarding his play.

If you're unwilling or unable to provide that then perhaps you should contribute to a different thread.

Well it's become quickly obvious that nobody is willing or able to provide specific examples of individual plays where Brohm made mistakes and instead the thread just continues to turn into a pissing contest. As such I will close the thread down and accept the situation for what it is.