one of you "WE GOTTA LOSE THIS WEEK!" people

jester43

I posted this to another thread, but it was really on topic. The reason I did is because somebody posted a link to the 1985 draft to prove Bruce was the #1 pick......Anyway, when looking at it, this was my response:

Look at that list. For those who kept saying picking 7-9 and getting the win today is better than picking 2-4 and losing today:

1. Buffalo - Bruce Smith, DE Virginia Tech

2. Atlanta - Bill Fralic, G Pittsburgh

3. Houston - Ray Childress, DT Texas A&M

4. Minnesota - Chris Doleman, DE Pittsburgh

5. Indianapolis - Duane Bickett, OLB Southern California

6. Detroit - Lomas Brown, T Florida

7. Green Bay - Ken Ruettgers, T Southern California

8. Tampa Bay - Ron Holmes, DE Washington

9. Philadelphia - Kevin Allen, T Indiana

Picks 2-4 went to 17 Pro Bowls. Picks 7-9 went to zero! nada! none!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this to another thread, but it was really on topic. The reason I did is because somebody posted a link to the 1985 draft to prove Bruce was the #1 pick......Anyway, when looking at it, this was my response:

Look at that list. For those who kept saying picking 7-9 and getting the win today is better than picking 2-4 and losing today:

1. Buffalo - Bruce Smith, DE Virginia Tech

2. Atlanta - Bill Fralic, G Pittsburgh

3. Houston - Ray Childress, DT Texas A&M

4. Minnesota - Chris Doleman, DE Pittsburgh

5. Indianapolis - Duane Bickett, OLB Southern California

6. Detroit - Lomas Brown, T Florida

7. Green Bay - Ken Ruettgers, T Southern California

8. Tampa Bay - Ron Holmes, DE Washington

9. Philadelphia - Kevin Allen, T Indiana

Picks 2-4 went to 17 Pro Bowls. Picks 7-9 went to zero! nada! none!

ok fine, but you did not factor in who is making the picks for the bills. i'm not unhappy we're picking 3rd, but after watching the bills' 2010 draft class, forgive me for not being all stoked up...

nix will probably take a corner

ok fine, but you did not factor in who is making the picks for the bills. i'm not unhappy we're picking 3rd, but after watching the bills' 2010 draft class, forgive me for not being all stoked up...

nix will probably take a corner

But, the higher he gets to pick, the less chance he has of effing it up.......I agree about the current crop. Spiller was a total wasted pick - I thought at least we were getting a great running back. I just didn't want a rb. Turns out he's not great or even good, anyway!