A little help from some of you computer wizards?

Blaise321

I need to get new virus protection software. I'm currently using McAfee and it sucks. I do a lot of financial stuff online and want to get better protected. I've researched different products but would prefer to work off a good recommendation instead. Any suggestions?

Hate anti virus programs as they seem to bog systems down more than the spyware they protect against. I've not used AV in years, just common sense and have yet to pick up a virus. I used Malware Bytes on all my computers to scan for problems on a monthly basis just to be safe.

If someone does really want an AV, i always recommend Avast! and tell people to avoid AVG and whatever it is Time Warner gives out for free, I think its called security suite.

This thread that goes back almost a full year has some good info in it. I believe the going favorite is Avast.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/102604-best-anti-virussecurity-software/page__p__1655812__hl__avast__fromsearch__1#entry1655812

Avast is one of my two favorites. The other I like is Avira. Both are excellent with different strengths and weaknesses.

I guess I would say, if you have a slower machine or one with limited RAM, use Avira.

Avast is one of my two favorites. The other I like is Avira. Both are excellent with different strengths and weaknesses.

I guess I would say, if you have a slower machine or one with limited RAM, use Avira.

I went with Avast. I thank you all for your help. :beer:

I need to get new virus protection software. I'm currently using McAfee and it sucks. I do a lot of financial stuff online and want to get better protected. I've researched different products but would prefer to work off a good recommendation instead. Any suggestions?

My daughter had Symantec as the campus Info Technology-provided software when she was at college. It worked very well.