Very optimistic future

billsfan_34

I have this feeling that our Bills are extremely close to "turning the corner". I have read some posts on here that suggest 2-3 years but I dont see it. Next year with an addition of a bonified TE, a solid RT,(maybe wang?), DE, LB, and we are really looking like a wild card team. Thoughts????

I have this feeling that our Bills are extremely close to "turning the corner". I have read some posts on here that suggest 2-3 years but I dont see it. Next year with an addition of a bonified TE, a solid RT,(maybe wang?), DE, LB, and we are really looking like a wild card team. Thoughts????

:bag:

Me, too!

I think we might go 7-9 next season and some day we might even go as high as 9-7.

If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll

look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.

I hope that made you feel better. Merry Christmas

Me, too!

I think we might go 7-9 next season and some day we might even go as high as 9-7.

9-7 would be good...but tough to get in the wild card at that record.

My only thought is how in the hell do you assume we can add a TE, RT, DE, and LB in one offseason?

I have been asking for upgrades at TE, LB, OL, and DE since 2002 and am still waiting. But maybe this is the year...

My only thought is how in the hell do you assume we can add a TE, RT, DE, and LB in one offseason?

I have been asking for upgrades at TE, LB, OL, and DE since 2002 and am still waiting. But maybe this is the year...

A few in free agency and a solid draft. Lets just hope thats all....it seems NIX/GAILEY have a vision.

A few in free agency and a solid draft. Lets just hope thats all....it seems NIX/GAILEY have a vision.

While yes I have been impressed with the dumpster diving this year, I still struggle to see any vision. And this is why -

2009: Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, J. Bell, 9th overall pick

2010: Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, practice squad RB of the week, 4th round pick.

Exo-facto we traded Lynch/Bell/9th overall pick for Spiller/4th rounder.

Someone please try to spin that as an "improvement". Nix went into this season and used a top 10 pick to make our RB position worse. The doesnt scream building a championship roster to me. That seems more like making a couple random, unrelated decisions without an overall goal or plan in place.

While yes I have been impressed with the dumpster diving this year, I still struggle to see any vision. And this is why -

2009: Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, J. Bell, 9th overall pick

2010: Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, practice squad RB of the week, 4th round pick.

Exo-facto we traded Lynch/Bell/9th overall pick for Spiller/4th rounder.

Someone please try to spin that as an "improvement". Nix went into this season and used a top 10 pick to make our RB position worse. The doesnt scream building a championship roster to me. That seems more like making a couple random, unrelated decisions without an overall goal or plan in place.

Great points and they do have merit. Just remember Lynch is one bonehead move away from a long suspension. And his vision for finding the hole was suspect...he did run extremely hard thou. I dont think spiller was a bad pick...just get the O line better and the kids gonna be ok.

If we address the run defense and get a rabid pass rusher on board, we just may end up duking it out for a wild card spot next year.

Great points and they do have merit. Just remember Lynch is one bonehead move away from a long suspension. And his vision for finding the hole was suspect...he did run extremely hard thou. I dont think spiller was a bad pick...just get the O line better and the kids gonna be ok.

I dont think speulation about Lynch should justify drafting Spiller. ANy 4th roud RB could come in and run the ball - or we could have keep Bell or Simpson. I have my reservations about Spiller, because RBs that cannot soak hits and break tackles never succeed in teh NFL, and Spiller doesnt break tackles like that. Also, SPiller is showing the same inability to read his blocks that Lynch struggle with. One play I really noticed has an off tackle run to the left, Corey Mac had a nice kick out block and SPiller didnt turn up field, but just ran outside the block and lost a yard. It was very obvious he shoulda went upfield. O well.

really cuz last time i checked we were the last team out of 32 teams to get the first win.

it was vs another bad team!

and our record sucks.

j/k. i hope you're right. fitz is the bomb!

A respected coach was interviewed about how he accessed a team throughout the season, I can't remember who Parcells or Gruden or The Jaw, They said they broke the season down into 4, 4 game periods.

In each period there were goals set for the team and there were personal decisions and grades.

1st QTR 0-4, F

2nd QTR 0-4 (2 OT losses and a shoulda won) D+

3rd QTR 2-2, C

4th QTR worst case 2-2, my prediction 3-1 (NJ SUCKS are going down) or a Goal Post tearing down, streak ending 4-0. C, B+, or A

When you break it down that way you can see the improvement.

Hopefully that can carry over to 2011.

I think so.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I agree

Remember how bad KC blew the past couple years

I don't see us making the playoff's next year, but I do think we will have a winning season, provided we improve the following areas:

We build an awesome defensive

We draft a decent and reliable TE

We continue to build a big front four and

We learn that man to man coverage doesn't work, and we need to blitz Brady and put him on his ass a few dozen times.