Are you happy with the Buffalo Bills poll

BillsObserver

189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Buffalo Bills?

• Yes
    • No

So...let's see:

1. Team hasn't made the playoffs since the 1999 NFL season.

2. Team hasn't won a playoff game or a division title since the 1995 NFL season.

3. The future of the franchise in Buffalo is in serious doubt.

4. The team gives up one home game a year to a bunch of indifferent Canucks.

5. Uninspiring new GM hire proceeds to draft an underperforming skill position player in the first round, make Cornell Green his marquee free agent signing, then pay Christina Kelsay like she's an elite LB.

6. Uninspiring new HC hire chooses to start Trent Edwards for the season and has his team playing hard for him despite finding novel ways each week to choke in close games (a la Bills performances from the early years with Jauron, another loser HC whom Bills fans initially praised).

7. Only 3 wins this season that came against a trio of equally perennially underachieving 21st century franchises - Lions, Bengals, and Browns.

8. Massive roster holes at RT, TE, most of the defense's front 7, and now possibly SS and CB.

9. Current 14-game losing streak to Patriots with no end in sight.

10. Uniform leftovers from the Tom Donahoe era still look like ****.

And 60% of Bills fans are happy with the Buffalo Bills?!

PATHETIC.

:thumbsup:

That about sums it up right there. How many other teams can do these things and still get the fan support the Bills do? Of course, they're looking at failing to sell out 4 of 7 real home games this season. How soon before they begin saying the fans don't support the team?

Only thing I'd add to this list is Overdorf and Modrak remaining in the front office as long as they have.

Edited by BillsVet

I don't know how someone could be "happy" with a 3-10 team. Do I enjoy watching them play for the first time in years? Yes. Do I feel like the team is on the right track for the first time in years? Yes. But happy? No way.

+1

Haven't read through this entire thread - but in response to Mason's comments I think the better question is "Are you happy to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills". Long suffering Bills fans have had plenty of opportunity to be unhappy with the state of the team over the years - but when it comes to loyalty and interest and rooting for the team through each game, draft, OTA, training camp, coaching change, trade, FA acquisition, practice squad move etc. - I, as a Bills fan, have always cared, and carried pride in MY team, and at the end of the day have been more than happy to suffer through the lows and celebrate the highs for THIS team. That's what being a fan is all about.

Edited by stevewin

I am a real fan of this team and as such I could never vote no.

If your a "real fan" how could you be happy with this team? I'm not trying to mock you, but 11 years and no playoffs FANS should demand more and accept less regardless of how I feel about Gaily who I like.

So...let's see:

1. Team hasn't made the playoffs since the 1999 NFL season.

2. Team hasn't won a playoff game or a division title since the 1995 NFL season.

3. The future of the franchise in Buffalo is in serious doubt.

4. The team gives up one home game a year to a bunch of indifferent Canucks.

5. Uninspiring new GM hire proceeds to draft an underperforming skill position player in the first round, make Cornell Green his marquee free agent signing, then pay Christina Kelsay like she's an elite LB.

6. Uninspiring new HC hire chooses to start Trent Edwards for the season and has his team playing hard for him despite finding novel ways each week to choke in close games (a la Bills performances from the early years with Jauron, another loser HC whom Bills fans initially praised).

7. Only 3 wins this season that came against a trio of equally perennially underachieving 21st century franchises - Lions, Bengals, and Browns.

8. Massive roster holes at RT, TE, most of the defense's front 7, and now possibly SS and CB.

9. Current 14-game losing streak to Patriots with no end in sight.

10. Uniform leftovers from the Tom Donahoe era still look like ****.

And 60% of Bills fans are happy with the Buffalo Bills?!

PATHETIC.

Very accurate post. I cold probably add on to your list, but why bother, it already can't get any worse, why pile on?

i am happy with them because i see the potential they will have going into the next season. Seeing how awesome chan is, and we finally have a pretty good QB that will make us focus on other prospects in the draft. I am allll for being happy with my bills right now. If you asked me this before the streak of losing by 3 points or less... i would of said no, but to me, that was a turning point to see the bills giving it their all, and chans never say die feel.