Calling Beatles fans...you can listen to an amazing event

boyst

I know there are a lot of die hard Beetles fans out there, and I want to suggest that those willing to her a concert by Paul McCartney tonight can do so by doing a free 30 day trial for Sirius at their website. The show will be on the Howard Stern channels, 101 at 7:45. The downside is you will have to put in your credit card information but cancel before the 30 days is up; regardless it will cost nothing if only for tonight. A lot of websites are talking about how great this show will be and I am sure ya'll would love to hear it.

I am not at all big Beetles fan but will listen because it just sounds amazing. It is at the Apollo theatre, which is tiny, and it will be only about 1200 people who scored free tickets by being Sirius subscribers.

30 day trial link here

If anyone can figure out a way to stream it that would be great for others, too.

I totally agree. Beatles were perfect because they balanced McCartney's shoo-be-doo pop with Lennon's cynicism and Harrison's mysticism. And Ringo. On his own McCartney is a little too blandly cute for my tastes.

Helter Skelter Yesterday Blackbird Baby I'm Amazed Hey Jude.

Helter Skelter Yesterday Blackbird Baby I'm Amazed Hey Jude.

Those are songs Paul wrote while with the Beatles. All very good.

I can't speak for AJ, but I was referring to the pop dreck he wrote post Beatles, like:

Band on the Run, Listen What the Man Said, Silly Love Songs (I just threw up in my mouth, a little), No More Lonely Nights...

I can't speak for AJ, but I was referring to the pop dreck he wrote post Beatles, like:

Band on the Run, Listen What the Man Said, Silly Love Songs (I just threw up in my mouth, a little), No More Lonely Nights...

Baby I'm Amazed.

The concert was Paul singing whatever he wanted including many Beatles songs of course.

Baby I'm Amazed.

The concert was Paul singing whatever he wanted including many Beatles songs of course.

Yes, I know Paul does plenty of Beatles songs in concert. But to me, it's like Steve Winwood returning to his past and signing Traffic and Blind Faith songs. They seem hollow now.

Winwood and McCartney were very talented musicians. Both of them sold out and made crap for many years. They are dead to me.

When I get to the bottom

I go back to the top of the slide

Where I stop and turn

and I go for a ride

Till I get to the bottom and I see you again

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Do you don't you want me to love you

I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you

Tell me tell me come on tell me the answer

and you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Go helter skelter

helter skelter

helter skelter

Yeah, hu, hu

I will you won't you want me to make you

I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you

Tell me tell me tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out

Helter skelter

helter skelter

helter skelter

Yeah, hu, hu

Look out cause here she comes

When I get to the bottom

I go back to the top of the slide

Where I stop and turn

and I go for a ride

Till I get to the bottom and I see you again

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Well will you won't you want me to make you

I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you

Tell me tell me tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Wow...that's deep, man! :rolleyes:

Edited by The Senator

Try listening to his current stuff instead his past stuff!

Yes, I know Paul does plenty of Beatles songs in concert. But to me, it's like Steve Winwood returning to his past and signing Traffic and Blind Faith songs. They seem hollow now.

Winwood and McCartney were very talented musicians. Both of them sold out and made crap for many years. They are dead to me.

Try listening to Eric clapton and steve winwood's live CD!

Baby I'm Amazed.

That would Maybe I'm amazed

Try listening to his current stuff instead his past stuff!

Try listening to Eric clapton and steve winwood's live CD!

I have two of Winwood's most recent stuff and have heard the Clapton/Winwood album. I'm not particularly impressed, though I agree they are better than much of his past crap. Clapton is another who I can barely tolerate anymore. His unplugged stuff is garbage, for the most part.

And John Lennon's "Imagine?" Is that not the schlockiest song ever written? "Imagine all the people living life in peace." What is that? 10th grade poetry composition?

Yet it still works.

Not everything has 40 layers of complexity.

Edited by Peace

And John Lennon's "Imagine?" Is that not the schlockiest song ever written? "Imagine all the people living life in peace." What is that? 10th grade poetry composition?

Yet it still works.

Not everything has 40 layers of complexity.

Imagine certainly had it's share of schlock, but it had a purer soul than most of McCartney's pop garbage. Still, I wasn't the biggest fan of Lennon solo, either. Of all the Beatles I think George's solo stuff stands up the best. But this is one of those situations where the whole was way better than the sum of the parts.

Imagine certainly had it's share of schlock, but it had a purer soul than most of McCartney's pop garbage. Still, I wasn't the biggest fan of Lennon solo, either. Of all the Beatles I think George's solo stuff stands up the best. But this is one of those situations where the whole was way better than the sum of the parts.

So you're saying Lennon+McCarney > Lennon or McCarney solo.

And you're saying that Harrison>Lennon>McCartney solo.

Only one of those geniuses is still alive. He was performing. You can make him dead to you all you want but we're so lucky to still have this living legend around. It's not the same that he's not playing with Lennon but it's still great to be sharing the same oxygen he breathes.

we're so lucky to still have this living legend around. It's not the same that he's not playing with Lennon but it's still great to be sharing the same oxygen he breathes.

For me, not so much.

So you're saying Lennon+McCarney > Lennon or McCarney solo.

And you're saying that Harrison>Lennon>McCartney solo.

Only one of those geniuses is still alive. He was performing. You can make him dead to you all you want but we're so lucky to still have this living legend around. It's not the same that he's not playing with Lennon but it's still great to be sharing the same oxygen he breathes.

I'm glad he's around and he does deserve every last bit of adulation he gets---his contributions to pop music can never be ignored. But he always (to me at least) was one of those guys who needed a partner to balance some of his goofier impulses. Jagger and Richards are like that too. Their solo stuff is next to unlistenable. Pete Townshend's songwriter fell apart once the chemistry changed in the who (literally and figuratively). My favorite songwriter is Robert Pollard. Based on who he is collaborating with his stuff is either absolute perfection or boring self indulgent dreck.

I love a thread with "Paul McCartney is OK but..." People are so funny. As if there is a bigger music legend alive today.

Actually, there a quite a few - unless you're using his bank account as the sole measure. Otherwise, I really never even considered Sir Paul ' legendary ' at all - not even close. Just another aging pop star.