The Patriots

Nasty

What are you kidding me! sit here and complain about the PATS! Dont you know that you are wasting your time. The Pats are the spoiled brat of the NFL family, the one child who cheats and plays dirty along getting away with what they do. The other team holds they get the flag the PATS do it the get nothing, Brady wants a flag after the whistle is blown he gets it. He got the tuck rule against raiders to win and now he has the Brady rule. I give props to Bill and Brady they are good but not that good that they have to cheat and that they have to cry to get what they want. Spoil the child to long and there is no way to change him. Teams forgot how to beat the Pats, they need to remember what the Giants did to him, put him INTO the ground a couple of times and he turns into the long haired lil girl that he is.

Except most of their fan base weren't even fans until they won a ring, and they had been around for as long as we had. Heck, even last year when they weren't the favorites, there was hardly a peep in Foxboro during a playoff game. Tell me when that would EVER happen at the Ralph.

Link?

What are you kidding me! sit here and complain about the PATS! Dont you know that you are wasting your time. The Pats are the spoiled brat of the NFL family, the one child who cheats and plays dirty along getting away with what they do. The other team holds they get the flag the PATS do it the get nothing, Brady wants a flag after the whistle is blown he gets it. He got the tuck rule against raiders to win and now he has the Brady rule. I give props to Bill and Brady they are good but not that good that they have to cheat and that they have to cry to get what they want. Spoil the child to long and there is no way to change him. Teams forgot how to beat the Pats, they need to remember what the Giants did to him, put him INTO the ground a couple of times and he turns into the long haired lil girl that he is.

So if in some strange parallel universe, Bob Kraft were to lose his mind and offer Buddy Nix a straight up trade -- Belicheck and Little Girl Brady for Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick, you wouldn't take that trade?

I think you're just jealous.

"To the victors belong the spoils." I'm quite certain many of the people on this very board would be equally insufferable if our team was as successful.

They would always be looking for more. We finally have a QB we can build around and the fans here want more. So if we were to win 16 games I still don't think they would be satified, but on the other hand if the Bills only won 10 games squeeked into the playoffs and won the Super Bowl then then you would have insufferable fans...

If the Bills win only one more game this year, I really hope we kick the SH*( out of the Pats. We have been so close the last two years, even earlier this year. Go Bills!!

Link?

So if in some strange parallel universe, Bob Kraft were to lose his mind and offer Buddy Nix a straight up trade -- Belicheck and Little Girl Brady for Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick, you wouldn't take that trade?

I think you're just jealous.

No way I have some self respect. your not even a Bills fan so go get off

Edited by chasincars

No way I have some self respect. your not even a Bills fan so go get off

I am a Bills fan and have been all my life (44 years). I grew up in WNY (Orleans County) and moved to the Boston area after college. While I'm not a Pats fan, it's hard to argue with their success. I watch a good % of their games, and I'm objective enough to admit that they're pretty frickin' good, whether I like it or not. Did you see what they did to both the Jets and the Bears? They've developed a culture of winning (the videotaping/cheating being an obvious stain), that the Bills could learn a lot from.

Trust me, I relish the day we beat the Pats. But I'm not going to whine all the way there.

What gets lost in the shuffle of the Spygate discussion is that they were accused of things other than the videotaping, including at least two coaches (Marinelli and Del Rio) who complained about the headsets at Gillette going out mysteriously in key situations (like third down plays). The NYT ran an article that year citing several unnamed sources on the NFL Competition Committee as saying that the Pats* were basically the one team that people bought complaints to them about over and over. Where there's smoke there's fire, IMHO. When you have an owner (remember who renegotiated BB's contract right after Spygate and almost certainly paid his fine) and a coach united in willing to do whatever it takes, fair and foul, well, there you are......

That said, they're having a much better season this year than I'd have thought looking at their roster, so hats off to the Cheats* for that.

As for a poster above saying that Brady and Company are likable guys, that's a joke. Go read the Esquire interview with him from two years ago, the one where he talks about liking to run up the score and generally comes across as an obnoxious a-hole (from his own quotes, not from any spin), or watch the Wes Welker vid where he's trash talking his opponent and telling him "he f-ing suck" and then come back to me.....

I didn't say that they were likeable guys, all I said was that they tend to keep their mouthes shut compared to other hated teams like the Jets or Dolphins. I do not like the patriots, but being a Bills fan from the NYC area and having to hear Jets fans and their annoying coach speak it makes them look much better to me.

I am a Bills fan and have been all my life (44 years). I grew up in WNY (Orleans County) and moved to the Boston area after college. While I'm not a Pats fan, it's hard to argue with their success. I watch a good % of their games, and I'm objective enough to admit that they're pretty frickin' good, whether I like it or not. Did you see what they did to both the Jets and the Bears? They've developed a culture of winning (the videotaping/cheating being an obvious stain), that the Bills could learn a lot from.

Trust me, I relish the day we beat the Pats. But I'm not going to whine all the way there.

You've been in the Boston area since college and you never realized that no one gave a crap about football around here until they got that jewelry? Seriously? I'm not knocking the team or their talent but I'm amazed that someone who actually lives here is defending their fans. They are the worst...did you watch the playoff game last year? The fans were sitting on their hands from kickoff until the end of the game, for a playoff game! I don't need a link to see what I see. I've lived here my whole life.

You've been in the Boston area since college and you never realized that no one gave a crap about football around here until they got that jewelry? Seriously? I'm not knocking the team or their talent but I'm amazed that someone who actually lives here is defending their fans. They are the worst...did you watch the playoff game last year? The fans were sitting on their hands from kickoff until the end of the game, for a playoff game! I don't need a link to see what I see. I've lived here my whole life.

I don't recall defending their fans. I just said they have a good team.

Count me as one who respects the Pats and even is rooting for them this season, to an extent. It has been a two-horse race in the AFC East and I can't stand the Jets during the Rex era. I even found myself rooting for Miami today...that's how much I dislike the Jets this year.

Face it, the Pats have players on their team that, if they were in our training camp, they would be cut. But on the Pats, they manage to be effective players. Great coaching, great personnel moves. Don't disagree with the comments about their fan base. I think those folks care more about the Red Sox and Celtics, even in December. But as an organization, they are rolling right now, and unfortunately there is no end in site.

What gets lost in the shuffle of the Spygate discussion is that they were accused of things other than the videotaping, including at least two coaches (Marinelli and Del Rio) who complained about the headsets at Gillette going out mysteriously in key situations (like third down plays). The NYT ran an article that year citing several unnamed sources on the NFL Competition Committee as saying that the Pats* were basically the one team that people bought complaints to them about over and over. Where there's smoke there's fire, IMHO. When you have an owner (remember who renegotiated BB's contract right after Spygate and almost certainly paid his fine) and a coach united in willing to do whatever it takes, fair and foul, well, there you are......

That said, they're having a much better season this year than I'd have thought looking at their roster, so hats off to the Cheats* for that.

As for a poster above saying that Brady and Company are likable guys, that's a joke. Go read the Esquire interview with him from two years ago, the one where he talks about liking to run up the score and generally comes across as an obnoxious a-hole (from his own quotes, not from any spin), or watch the Wes Welker vid where he's trash talking his opponent and telling him "he f-ing suck" and then come back to me.....

This right here. I used to like Tom Brady the player (never the Pats) back when he was this young dorky guy who seemed kind of dumbfounded about his success. Somewhere along the line he turned into a first class a-hole who started buying into his own hype. Bellichick seems like a real shitbag too. I just hope once while they're still together on the Pats they have a real **** season and get stomped so we can watch "Tom Terrific" transform into "Tommy Tantrum."