Anyone Had Lasik...

Alaska Darin

The best recommendation I can give you is to learn as much as you can and make your choice. The internet has message and advice boards specifically about this. Most surgery centers have open houses on this too. If you go to the "BEST" surgeon, I don't think there is virtually any risk. Don't get CHEAP!!! PM me, and I can give you the name of who I believe to be the best in the Buffalo area, the only I would trust and send someone to. Don't let the idea of the surgery itself scare you. It is very quick and no feeling at all. Maybe 1-2 minutes per eye. If there is a common side effect, it is the halo everyone here mentions. It does subside with time, but won't go away. The amount of halo depends on the amount of correction.

I had the surgery 2 years ago, the best thing I ever did. My situation was unique though. People here talk about being blind, 20/100 vision, 3-4 diopters, etc.......... I had them beat. I was 14.5 diopters, essentially 10/1000. That's not a mis-print. After sugery I ended at 2.0 where I've been since. I did know going in I would not get to 20/20 because of the amount of correction though. I only need glasses for distance now, and they are a sliver, the lenses that is

Geez, this is a topic I could go on forever about

I had it done just about a year ago now, and I now have 20/15 vision. I had no problems, it was so quick and easy, would do it again in a heartbeat. Definitely look into it and get the best available. Don't go cheap on your eyes, but it is definitely great not having to wear glasses or contacts anymore.

I had it done about 2 years ago -- by far the best decision I've ever made. However, I got it done only after my eyes started rejecting contacts (watery, irritated eyes) and I couldn't bear the thought of switching back to glasses. This is a SURGERY and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Of course, do your research and pick a good surgeon. Don't listen to these people when they say that a lot of the operations go badly. A vast majority of them go extremely well, but that doesn't mean there aren't risks.