If our first round picks never pan out anyway

Russ 'Em

So what if we have to give up next years number one as well. If Luck comes out and we are sitting at number 2 or 3, why not trade up to get him. Yeah we will give up some draft picks, but who cares. We don't have a very good history at drafting in the first round anyway. take that option away, get the best available player in college football this year, and hope we hit on some more late round talent like Stevie, Jason Peters or Kyle Williams.

give up number 2,3, or 4? That's a crazy idea. We would have either the best defensive lineman or the best linebacker or the best offensive lineman available. A stud at any of those three positions would help us enormously. Sooner or later (mostly sooner in this era) you have to start playing playoff football. And we won't play playoff football until we fix the defensive line, the offensive line and the linebackers.

IDK truth is I've been thinking about the draft since week 3 and I'm now sick of it. I don't care what we do just get as many capable players as possible and for the love of God make the playoffs at some point in the near future...

So what if we have to give up next years number one as well. If Luck comes out and we are sitting at number 2 or 3, why not trade up to get him. Yeah we will give up some draft picks, but who cares. We don't have a very good history at drafting in the first round anyway. take that option away, get the best available player in college football this year, and hope we hit on some more late round talent like Stevie, Jason Peters or Kyle Williams.

I tend to agree with this. If Luck is a franchise QB--somewhere between Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning--you pay the price you have to pay to get him. The Bills could consider giving up their first round pick in this year's draft + Fitz + possibly something else to get Luck. Then they'd have a guy who can become one of the best QBs in the league: a guy to build around.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

We would definitely have to give up more then that. We are talking next years first rounder and probably a couple other picks, but I'm okay with that. There is no dominant O-lineman in this draft. The case is also being made that the D players available have character issues or are not worth a pick at 2 or 3.

We would definitely have to give up more then that. We are talking next years first rounder and probably a couple other picks, but I'm okay with that. There is no dominant O-lineman in this draft. The case is also being made that the D players available have character issues or are not worth a pick at 2 or 3.

Maybe we should go after a running back or DB?? :sick: Okay, I'm joking.

Gotta love this quote from Sal Maiorana: "It took a spate of injuries, but Maybin and McCargo were both active. They combined for one tackle. But hey, they had uniforms on."

Article

No way. Take the best defensive player available. There are some absolute beasts in this draft class. We have no guarantee that Luck is going to be the next Peyton Manning, and we have way too many needs on this team to be trading away early round picks.