Rich Gannon

Kurt Warner

Peyton Manning would never throw a bone-headed pick on the potential game winning drive when his team is already in position to kick a game tying FG. :unsure:

I think you're forgetting the cardinal rule for being a Bills fan: when a player from any other team does it; it's gutsy play and trusting your receiver to make a play. When a Bills QB does it; it's a horrible decision followed by an inaccurate throw. (In short - whatever they do is right; whatever we do is wrong.)

Thanks for all the interesting responses. I don't get to get on much. A few responses:

Fitz doesn't remind me of Kurt Warner too much because Warner's strengths were that he was poised and accurate. Fitz is still working on that. Fitz strength is that he's smart and helps get his players in a position to succeed. I like the breakdown of his mistakes. Actually, he lacked poise early in the year and would be inaccurate with the game on the line, throw a pic or some bad passes. Experience seems to be really helping him though. Great comeback against Cinn and he was doing well in OT vs Pitt. He couldn't have thrown a better game-winning (almost) pass to Stevie. He could turn into a poor man's Peyton Manning. Here's hoping we are still talking about him in five years.

Even though he's ivy league he is a perfect qb for Buffalo for a few reasons. He's unassuming, a good cold weather qb, hard worker, has heart and a classic underdog. He's the first qb I've really liked to root for since Flutie.