Whitner Career Year

pBills

That "change" has produced one of the worst defenses in the league. But hey, if it works for Donte's stats, I guess that's pretty awesome.

Losing Schobel hurt the front seven more than people remember. Obviously the guy was no Bruce Smith, but he was good for about 10 sacks a year. No DE on the team is even close to those numbers this year. (Kyle Williams has 5, but he's an inside guy..)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... which is exactly why the Bills are trying to extend this clown.

They should take those funds and hand it to two truly deserving players, Stevie Johnson early and Kyle Williams and extend them early with team-friendly contracts.

But, alas, they won't.

Agreed...

This is a serious decision with Whitner...Like many of you I simply don't believe he's going to be worth whatever they are going to give him...He's a former #8 Overall Draft Pick...He's NOT going to be looking to take a pay cut...His Rookie Deal was 5 years $29 million...So the The Bills are going to pony up over $6 million per year for Whitner??? Really? This IS NOT going to help build that Defense into a contender. The Bills are only going to spend so much...This is not the Redskins or the Cowboys...Overspending for a Player like Whitner is just dumb...I'm not sure I would re-sign him at a Home Town discount let alone give the guy a freaking raise...

This should be interesting... B-)

LOL Bills fans. You have a guy that is among the league leaders in SOMETHING and you are so eager to run him out of town.

Meanwhile, there are at least a half dozen players on defense that wouldn't DREAM of sniffing the field on a decent team.

Way to get to the root of our problems.

We now return you to the parade of haters.

Hey if you're happy with 100 meaningless tackles, good for you.