When did "Stud"

I find the term gross, unless you like horse/dog/cattle sex.

Is not a stud a broken down Animal put out to pasture and it's days are over?

Why is a collage player a "stud"? Is T henry are best "stud" we ever had?

An awesome race horse would be called a stud because it is clearly awesome and it's kids would likely be. So they would say "that's a stud" as if to say "that will be a hell of a stud when this is over, expensive to breed to is."

All kinds of horse stuff going on. Thoroughbred is another example.

This battle would be better fought in the 70's when cowboy culture had a glimpse of popularity and the term "stud" entered the American Lexicon.

The effort to try and stop the use of this word has been put to pasture. The word "stud" won by many furlongs.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think "stud" is more of a 90s thing. My son uses "beast". I think thats the new stud for the 2000's

Jim, its probably too late to fight the Beast battle as well.

If you want to fight against the use of an animalistic term, you might want to take up the fight against "manimal."

I think "manimal" is just beginning to gain a foothold in player discussions, it might not be too late to take up that cause.

Let me ask you this... "Does it sound footballesque to say that this player or that player is a real queer?" No, I didn't think so. That's why we use stud. Because a stud is dominant. A "bottom" or "B word" is not. This is football dude.

You people who scrutinize & magnitize literal meanings annoy the F out of me. Do you think every rock song has a literal meaning and hidden message, or is is just a bunch of words wrapped into melody that simply works layered on top of the rhythm?

I prescribe for you- Absinthe. Loosin' up.

I think "stud" is more of a 90s thing. My son uses "beast". I think thats the new stud for the 2000's

I'm in my young twenties and beast is now the most used term for that expression, but back to the stud thing. Back in the farming days you would put your biggest, strongest, most athletic, physical specimen out to breed with all the girls. So whats bad about bein called a stud again?

When did poop become a term to describe fecal matter??

Huh? Huh? Think about that one....