Chargers to L.A.? Concerns Really Mounting in SD

BuffaloWest

I live across from Qualcomm and love football but compared to Bills tickets the Chargers are ridiculous. I would get seasons if they were reasonable but they aren't and I would rather watch the games at home with my fryer, Sunday Ticket and flat screen TV. Most people I meet are very pro chargers and although their fan base is not on Buffalo's level it is still very strong.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours is about right. If you catch good traffic and foot the gas a bit you can easily make it in 90 minutes. I'll believe

a team in LA when I see it. It always starts with one stadium proposal then others start popping up and then it all goes

to hell from there. This is a Raiders town anyway. But the Chargers would make sense only because they can't get Diego

to build them a new stadium and they NEED a new stadium. Bad parking at Qaulcomm and stadium is real old school. Narrower

walkways, smaller concessions and bathrooms than would be in a newer stadium. Chargers have been trying to get a new stadium

for years with no dice; which is the only reason the league would let them move.

Amtrak, Metrolink, The Coaster and the San Diego Trolley are all rail options that in combination feed right to the side of Qualcomm Stadium. What really amplifys the Chargers in the relocation dialogue is that the NFL heavies like palatial Super Bowls. The NFL big heads have made it very clear that Qualcomm Stadium will not host any more Super Bowls. Qualcomm Stadium is not cutting edge but the climate is Super Bowl caliber. The fans that have visited San Diego for previous Super Bowls loved the visit even when they lost. The parking at Qualcomm isn't that bad if you plan well and arrive early. I park near San Diego State and then take the short trolley ride to the stadium. L.A. is a Raiders town. Qualcomm can be sort of that way too but probably not this Sunday.

I don't need a palace; Buffalo teams that win is what I need!

I think in that Magic Johnson interview, Jimmy Kimmel hit the nail on the head. It was said in jest, but not far from the truth when he said that he believed the NFL liked to have L.A. as a chronic threat to existing teams. Basically a bargaining chip to get NFL cities to build new stadiums and so forth. A threat the NFL always has at the ready to keep their boys in line.

L.A. is the Father Baker of the NFL for crissakes!

:worthy: What a great analogy! :lol: